Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panthers QB violation

omgahamsandwich

Panthers QB violation Empty Panthers QB violation

Post by omgahamsandwich

Panthers, sent you a pm that ya read. You only have 2 QBs on your depth chart. Gonna start posting these in the commish office

don't risk a suspension or anything over a simple oversight
    Share this post on: reddit

Ra-fa_br

Post 2/23/2014, 9:40 am by Ra-fa_br

Not for nothig he also has james stewart and then another hb in front of one the games best fb in madden on his depth chart. He also has a cb starting at S.

Carolina needs to get his nose in the rule book i think
    chrebet1024

Post 2/23/2014, 11:49 am by chrebet1024

Rafa...I spoke with him Friday about all of it.

When I load up today I'm gonna check it out.  If not fixed a suspension is coming.
    skyywalker_og

Post 2/23/2014, 12:21 pm by skyywalker_og

LMAO @ this thread. I already told you I'd fix it. I haven't had a game since then and I haven't been on the system so I'll fix it before my game at 1pm.
    skyywalker_og

Post 2/23/2014, 12:29 pm by skyywalker_og

I read the roster rules again. Wow...I don't even know where to start. This is so freaking stupid.

Free Safety: FS, SS
    ***that means only FS's and SS's can be in the FS slot on your Depth Chart.

My favorite team irl is the Bengals and we had CB Dre Kirkpatrick play FS for most of the season. I could give more examples...

Cornerback: CB, FS, SS
    ***that means only CB's, FS's and SS's can be in the CB slot on your Depth Chart.

In the NFL you see teams like the Bengals, Raiders, Texans, Cowboys, Eagles, Ravens and MANY others rotate CB's into Safety spots (though rarely at SS) though you almost NEVER see Safeties at CB spots. Bottom line - CB at safety is seen FAR more often than you see safeties at CB. This rule makes zero sense.

Idk guys I'm done typing about this nonsense. I'd love to get into it about HB/FB but I don't feel like typing any more. I'll just adjust my depth chart and leave it at that.

Post 2/23/2014, 12:46 pm by omgahamsandwich

we have a section for position changed for players where you can petition to have your players change position. The time to debate the rule isn't after it's been pointed out that you were not following them. I'm sure chreb would listen to your thoughts and concerns.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/23/2014, 1:12 pm by chrebet1024

You are not getting the point of it.

Having rules in place prevents people from doing DUMB things.  We have a system that allows you to move a CB to Safety if you want.  It happens in the offseason.  This allows us to only have the CB's CAPABLE of playing Safety to move there.

JUST LIKE THE NFL...only CAPABLE GUYS THAT CAN PLAY SAFETY WILL BE MOVED THERE.

IF WE DIDN'T have the rule....then ANYBODY COULD BE MOVED THERE.  THAT MY FRIEND IS UNREALISTIC!!!!!!

Of course some CB's get moved to Safety.  But you are OVER DOING it with how common it is.  It is NOT that common.

Ronnie Lott, Charles Woodson, Devin McCourty...yes it happens.  But it USUALLY happens during the offseason.  No?

Guys rarely move to safety during season.  Sure it happens, but very rare.

You got to understand the "team building" aspect of Madden.  It is much EASIER to move positions in madden than in real life.  SO because of that there has to be these rules.  It Maintains the integrity of "Team Building."

I know you're going to argue that its much more difficult to move guys in M25 with the "physics engine" as opposed to M13 and previous versions.

Sure it is harder....BUT still doesn't equal the difficulties as compared to real life.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/23/2014, 1:18 pm by chrebet1024

You've told me Dre Kirkpatrick and Joe Haden have played Safety in the NFL?  Please show me this.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/23/2014, 1:27 pm by chrebet1024

Oh and Safeties playing at CB makes zero sense?

Use your noggin and think for a second......why it that be ok and the other way around not?

...lets think.

Well there are many defensive sets that actually use a 3rd safety as opposed to a 3rd CB or 4th CB.  In those Formations the Safety plays the Nickel or Dime spot.  So right there it's valid.

ALSO....we have 5 CB slots.  Most teams only carry 5 CB's or maybe 6.  Who are you going to put in those slots if a CB gets hurt?  A FREAKING SAFETY!!!!!!!

The other way around is never needed as there are only 3 Safety slots for each FS and SS.

Also which Defensive Set places a CB in a Safety spot?  None.

There's just so much that counters your short-sided comments.
    skyywalker_og

Post 2/23/2014, 2:34 pm by skyywalker_og

chrebet1024 wrote:Oh and Safeties playing at CB makes zero sense?

Use your noggin and think for a second......why it that be ok and the other way around not?

...lets think.

Well there are many defensive sets that actually use a 3rd safety as opposed to a 3rd CB or 4th CB.  In those Formations the Safety plays the Nickel or Dime spot.  So right there it's valid.

I'm not saying it's invalid or never happens. I'm saying that CB at SS is incredibly uncommon as the SS is typically the safety who is tasked with run support. Also, the game has a multitude of personnel packages which handles the situations you describe quite well.

Also...

http://stripehype.com/2013/12/03/dre-kirkpatrick-gotten-reps-safety-practice/

http://www.topix.com/wire/football-players/dre-kirkpatrick

I'm NOT going to debate the CB at Safety thing you again and frankly I don't have to prove shit. If you think CB's never get moved to Safety then you're flat wrong and need to watch more NFL games instead of just Sports Center Highlights.
    skyywalker_og

Post 2/23/2014, 2:36 pm by skyywalker_og

And just to clarify, I'm talking about CB's at FS. It DOES happen semi-often.

Post 2/23/2014, 3:02 pm by omgahamsandwich

you really don't have to be so aggressive when you discuss something. There's a respectful way to disagree and you have missed the mark completely.

As a side note, perhaps next time you can debate the rules prior to being spotted for breaking them and then acting defensive when you have to change because you either didn't read them or don't care to follow them. Mistakes happen but you aren't helping yourself out the way you're communicating.
    ViperX24

Post 2/23/2014, 5:51 pm by ViperX24

It's a video game first and I think the idea of keeping CB's from going safety is more a speed issue. If you have a 90spd or less cb by all means I don't give a damn if he plays safety. You have people trying to put 95+ speed cb at safety then that is a problem. Trying to take advantage of the video game.

Troy Polamalu played most of the season at LB in the nfl so should I play him at LB ??? Lol

safety shamarko Thomas and will Allen played nickel cb all season in the nfl. Should I make Thomas a cb now? Lol
    chrebet1024

Post 2/23/2014, 6:30 pm by chrebet1024

When...WHEN did I say CB's DON'T get moved to Safety?
    chrebet1024

Post 2/23/2014, 6:31 pm by chrebet1024

WHEN?  Here's the point...AGAIN.  ONLY a select FEW GUYS have the ABILITY to make that move.

So being that's the case....why would we have rules in which ANY CB BE ALLOWED TO MOVE THERE?

Does that NOT make sense to you?

We do have rules in place where CB's CAN be moved to Safety.  You seem to be ignoring that.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/23/2014, 6:36 pm by chrebet1024

...and those links do not even have Kirkpatrick playing SAFETY.  Getting Reps in practice and the team tinkering about the idea is not him playing there.

I'm a Jets fan...they tinkered with the idea of Kyle Wilson playing safety.  Never actually happened.

Where's Joe Haden playing Safety like you said?

I don't think you want to get in a battle with me about who knows more about football....because you will lose.

The point is...of course it happens....but you are OVER-STATING how much it happens.

And only a FEW GUYS have the ability...which is WHY WE HAVE THE APPROVAL process in place to ASK for the POSITION CHANGE.

When you act like a "Know It All" and Call a rule STUPID and RIDICULOUS...you're gonna get hammered.

....especially when every SIM league has this rule and you're points make no sense.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/23/2014, 7:18 pm by chrebet1024

...and let me add this too.

We never mind when a discussion takes place...NEVER.  Just the act of calling it stupid has what's got me a little disturbed.

We want you in the league and like you're talents.  You gotta realize why certain rules are in place though.
    skyywalker_og

Post 2/23/2014, 7:23 pm by skyywalker_og

CryptoX99 wrote:It's a video game first and I think the idea of keeping CB's from going safety is more a speed issue.  If you have a 90spd or less cb by all means I don't give a damn if he plays safety.  You have people trying to put 95+ speed cb at safety then that is a problem.  Trying to take advantage of the video game.

If this was Madden 13 on the old systems, I would agree with you 100%.

But things have changed. EA introduced a true physics engine 2 years ago and have been improving it each game. The Ignite engine on next gen has taken the game to a new level. For example, go ahead and take the Eagles into game mode and place Desean Jackson at TE and watch what happens. He can't block for shit, gets pressed up by any LB, and is basically useless in that spot. The game now truly takes things into account that it didn't before, such as when a 175 lb WR physically goes up against a 240 lb LB. Is it perfect, NO. But the game can't be completely manipulated the way it could in years past. And if you disagree, take various personnel scenarios into a game mode, or practice, and see for yourself.

CryptoX99 wrote:

Troy Polamalu played most of the season at LB in the nfl so should I play him at LB ??? Lol

safety shamarko Thomas and will Allen played nickel cb all season in the nfl. Should I make Thomas a cb now?  Lol

In both cases, if it were up to me, I'd say YES. Sometimes players get moved because they are better in certain spots. At Troy P's age it's highly likely that he accepts a semi-permanent move to LB or he gets cut as a cap casualty. To me, if we're really trying to be SIM, we should accept that these things happen and not handcuff our rosters or our playcalling. The game has adapted and so should we. Just my $.02.
    skyywalker_og

Post 2/23/2014, 8:21 pm by skyywalker_og

chrebet1024 wrote:...and those links do not even have Kirkpatrick playing SAFETY.  Getting Reps in practice and the team tinkering about the idea is not him playing there.

Kirkpatrick played Safety in multiple games. I'm a Bengals fan. I saw it myself. Go Google it yourself man it's not my sole responsibility to cure your ignorance. And I never said it happened a LOT, I just said that it happens. And real talk - watch your mouth with me. Anytime you ever want to maybe man up and play me in Madden for $, let me know. You can decide the rules and I guarantee I'll beat the shit out of you. I'm not offended woth you personally, just your clear lack of REAL FOOTBALL knowledge.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 7:40 am