no huddle please

titanbrian

no huddle please

Post by titanbrian

There are two types of no huddle, 2 min. trying to conserve time, and the one that half the teams in the NFL use.

You know, the "i caught you in the wrong personnel", or the "you don't get to sub, and your guys get tired" no huddle. Nothing to do with speed or play count, but a strategy that can be effective.

I watch ustream and some of us are constantly subbing in guys on defense, the offense doesn't get that flexibility, and the no huddle would counter this.

We get it once per game i know, but its hard to call that a strategy.

I play against quick snappers, read option guys, slow the game down guys, big play guys and pound the ball guys. I'd lover to play against some guys that use the same strategy that most of the best teams in the NFL are using also.

With Madden 15 around the corner maybe we could free this rule up on a trial basis. The game could get more exciting and diverse, or it would cause allot of drama, lol, both are OK with me.
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on 5/21/2014, 2:55 pm by slicksilverman

I really wanted to do something like this when I first joined but figured it would be shot down due to that rule. I would love to run the real chip Kelly offense

Post on 5/21/2014, 3:17 pm by skyywalker_og

titanbrian wrote: There are two types of no huddle, 2 min. trying to conserve time, and the one that half the teams in the NFL use.

You know, the "i caught you in the wrong personnel", or the "you don't get to sub, and your guys get tired" no huddle. Nothing to do with speed or play count, but a strategy that can be effective.

I watch ustream and some of us are constantly subbing in guys on defense, the offense doesn't get that flexibility, and the no huddle would counter this.

We get it once per game i know, but its hard to call that a strategy.

I play against quick snappers, read option guys, slow the game down guys, big play guys and pound the ball guys. I'd lover to play against some guys that use the same strategy that most of the best teams in the NFL are using also.

With Madden 15 around the corner maybe we could free this rule up on a trial basis. The game could get more exciting and diverse, or it would cause allot of drama, lol, both are OK with me.

I agree with this 100%. I'd also add that prior to the new playcalling system, no-huddle was a much bigger issue in Madden. In addition we see a lot more injuries on offense when running no-huddle. I feel like the game has corrected a lot of the "cheese" issues we used to be concerned about when playing Madden. The game has evolved and we need to evolve with it. Teams in the NFL run no-huddle more than ever and we should be able to do the same.

Post on 5/21/2014, 3:53 pm by chrebet1024

Well check it out.....

Most (or ALL) SIM leagues usually BAN no huddle 100% aside from the last 2 minutes of each half.

I said eff that....

We did EXPAND no huddle for M25 to last 2 mins of 1st half and last 5 mins of game...AND another "1 Time Drive rule" other than those above situations.

So if you look at the rules....we DO have it expanded pretty nicely....it's just that most don't take advantage of it.

Post on 5/21/2014, 4:12 pm by Ra-fa_br

I'd rather play against a no huddle versus all the quick snapping... Its more realistic

There are times I'd like to be able to take advantage of bad personel match ups

Post on 5/21/2014, 4:47 pm by titanbrian

Chrebet stop using most leagues as a starting point, we trying to be like the NFL not most leagues.

And skywalker is right, most leagues banned no huddle because last years game was broken ( WR as TE ), and lobby guys use the speed aspect of no huddle, we would discourage that.

Post on 5/21/2014, 6:04 pm by ddarrendd

Expanding no huddle is a bad idea... I cant think of anything I hate more than playing a guy who runs outside runs with no huddle the entire game. I like the current rules.

Post on 5/21/2014, 6:21 pm by titanbrian

Sounds like outside runs is the problem, why is the no huddle bad?

Post on 5/26/2014, 10:27 pm by titanbrian

Come on chrebet, give me a reason you don't like no huddle, besides OTHER leagues don't allow it.

Post on 5/26/2014, 10:50 pm by skyywalker_og

ddarrendd wrote:Expanding no huddle is a bad idea... I cant think of anything I hate more than playing a guy who runs outside runs with no huddle the entire game. I like the current rules.

If you can't stop someone who does that then you have no one to blame but yourself. There's NOTHING in this game that can't be countered.

Post on 5/26/2014, 11:53 pm by str8coach

chrebet1024 wrote:Well check it out.....

Most (or ALL) SIM leagues usually BAN no huddle 100% aside from the last 2 minutes of each half.

I said eff that....

We did EXPAND no huddle for M25 to last 2 mins of 1st half and last 5 mins of game...AND another "1 Time Drive rule" other than those above situations.

So if you look at the rules....we DO have it expanded pretty nicely....it's just that most don't take advantage of it.

I agree.. I think the rules as is, is a good approach/balance to the no huddle option. I personally would be hesitant to try and implement more no huddle in an effort to emulate the NFL. Its just not the same. And if you think about it, NFL Teams do not do it that often. I think some guys are getting the NFL and the NCAA mixed up.. lol..

I did some research, and in 2012 (Could'nt find data for the 2013 season) the average amount of No-Huddle ran by NFL teams was only 5.35% of the time. New England had the highest rate at 20.3% and San Diego ran it the most infrequently with 0.46% of the time. There were actually only 4 teams that ran the No-Huddle more than 10% of the time... (Philadelphia, Green Bay, New England, and Baltimore). So with those statistics, I believe the No Huddle is fine as is....

Just my opinion..

Post on 5/27/2014, 12:44 am by titanbrian

Did you know NFL has only 13 min. Of actual game play in 3 hours? The rest is time outs, tv time outs, reviews, replays, Anna stuff, all these things happen at dead balls. Every incomplete pass, every penalty, they all allow the no huddle teams to huddle up. That's why new England, who runs no huddle almost all the time to show only 20%.

Maybe S.D. is the ONLY team that uses no huddle like us (sometimes one drive a game).

I'm still not hearing a good argument not to try no huddle as a trial during or last season.

Post on 5/27/2014, 1:19 am by str8coach

The percentage of the time No Huddle is ran is in comparison to the number of plays the Teams run per game, not the amount of time they have the ball. In the NFL last year the average number of Offensive snaps per game was 62.9. (We are close to that in MEFL. Actually a little less I think) That would mean that on average there are around 4 or less no huddle attempts per game per team if you look at the average No-Huddles attempts at 5.35%.

If New England runs an average of 62.9 offensive plays per game, that would put them at around 12 No-Huddles per game since they run No-Huddle about 20% of the time..

Post on 5/27/2014, 1:25 am by str8coach

str8coach wrote:The percentage of the time No Huddle is ran is in comparison to the number of plays the Teams run per game, not the amount of time they have the ball. In the NFL last year the average number of Offensive snaps per game was 62.9.   (We are close to that in MEFL.  Actually a little less I think)  That would mean that on average there are around 4 or less no huddle attempts per game per team if you look at the average No-Huddles attempts at 5.35%.

If New England runs an average of 62.9 offensive plays per game, that would put them at around 12 No-Huddles per game since they run No-Huddle about 20% of the time..

I looked at it.. In 2012 New England averaged 74 offensive snaps.. At 20% that would put them at 14.8 No-Huddle attempts per game.

Post on 5/27/2014, 9:50 am by chrebet1024

I agree the no huddle isn't broken anymore....BC if the audible system.

This is when our league can go to a very lenient no huddle rule.....when we know that all 32 owners won't abuse it.

I'm going institute a rule right Noe that EVERYBODY is going to love.

Post on 5/27/2014, 10:16 am by ClaxTKE

I am pro-no huddle.

However here are my 2 concerns

1) With 10 minute quarters the game length will be absurd, This will for sure inflate stats, I don't mind but it will mess wth the records

2) I feel like in the NFL even during no huddle players sub in and out on the fly, however there is no option in the game for this

Just playing devil's advocate. I do love the no huddle

Post on 5/27/2014, 2:42 pm by titanbrian

My point is its not no huddle at a dead ball, when you watch a new England game they are in no huddle almost entire game, but it only ads up to 20% because off all the stoppage. When they stop, then NE is considered coming to the line of scrimmage from a huddle.

Not sure how to explain it right; i can no huddle until i throw an incompletion then my play menu comes up and I'm in a huddle, so i can no huddle the whole game and my stats would show 35% (guessing) because Madden has less penalties and no TV time outs.

Post on 5/27/2014, 2:47 pm by str8coach

Ok.. Yea.. I see your point.

Post on 5/27/2014, 2:48 pm by titanbrian

Clax its the man, there would be a higher play count, i would be using no huddle to give me more time to change plays to be honest. I hate getting to the line with 14 sec. Left, read the defense, make a change, and then if the defense changes their look, I'm already out of time to swap back. Half my penalties are delay of game, lol

Post on 5/27/2014, 2:54 pm by titanbrian

Another thing, when i run no huddle my guys get to the red exhaustion level very fast. Thus could lead to more injuries and turnovers in the league, both good i think

Post on 5/27/2014, 3:35 pm by chrebet1024

Another thing to consider...our plays won't get unrealistic BC we average around 45-50 plays per team now. It could get as high as the NFL norm if no huddle was more active.

I agree there should me more of it....BUT we cannot allow guys to have free reign.

Our current rules now (with the addition of "not matching" no huddle) will give us PLENTY of opportunity to use it.

1. Last 2 mins in first half
2. Last 5 mins of game
3. If your trailing by 21 points (I'm going to update it to 21 points, think it's at 28 right now)
4. 1 drive of your choice
5. Can do it on any play where the defense does NOT match personnel

***the 1 drive of your choice only counts if not in normal "no huddle situations".... Or personnel matching. Doing it to expose the personnel matchup doesn't make u lose your 1 drive opportunity.

Post on 5/27/2014, 3:41 pm by chrebet1024

***actually....making it down 17 points (3 possessions)...instead of 21 would be the best way to go.

Post on 5/27/2014, 6:22 pm by titanbrian

How about: no huddle is frowned upon by most leagues, MEFL realizes its an important part of the NFL and does allow it but, it should only be used as a fast pace offense in time management situations.

No huddle is encouraged if the defense comes out in unmatched personnel. No huddle will exhaust your players faster, which leads to more turnovers and injuries, and like anything in our league, it should not be over abused and will be subject to scrutiny by your peers

Post on 5/27/2014, 6:33 pm by str8coach

Interesting.. I'd be hesitant to have too much gray area with this though. I like the idea of this being regulated in some form or fashion with rules outlining when its appropriate to do so. I mean we are still feeling some owners out with regards to sim vs unsim tendencies.

I think its a little too early for a "Gray" area rule..

Post on 5/27/2014, 8:35 pm by BurntCabbage

Yeah I still notice a select few people who like to rush for 300 yards a game with thier running back and pass for 6-7 td's with their QB. I've seen this done against human and CPU........

I for one am not wild about adding 15-20 snaps to a game when people still do things like this.....

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 8/18/2017, 8:01 pm