no huddle please

titanbrian

no huddle please

Post by titanbrian

There are two types of no huddle, 2 min. trying to conserve time, and the one that half the teams in the NFL use.

You know, the "i caught you in the wrong personnel", or the "you don't get to sub, and your guys get tired" no huddle. Nothing to do with speed or play count, but a strategy that can be effective.

I watch ustream and some of us are constantly subbing in guys on defense, the offense doesn't get that flexibility, and the no huddle would counter this.

We get it once per game i know, but its hard to call that a strategy.

I play against quick snappers, read option guys, slow the game down guys, big play guys and pound the ball guys. I'd lover to play against some guys that use the same strategy that most of the best teams in the NFL are using also.

With Madden 15 around the corner maybe we could free this rule up on a trial basis. The game could get more exciting and diverse, or it would cause allot of drama, lol, both are OK with me.
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on 5/28/2014, 6:41 am by rascrush

I think the rule that u just made will cause a lot of people to do it cause on most plays there is some form of a mismatch

Post on 5/28/2014, 2:23 pm by skyywalker_og

This is a tough debate because there are good points on both sides. On one hand I feel like being 'SIM' means playing the game the way the pros do and that means a faster huddle should be a significant aspect of gameplay. On the other hand adding offense to a game that already has too much offense isn't going to make things realistic or fun.

Post on 5/28/2014, 6:52 pm by chrebet1024

Think about this guys......"Personnel Matching" is always a big thing in SIM leagues.  Should guys do it on most cases? YES....but we also understand that there are some cases where teams shouldn't do it.

Because we realize this, we allow a little leniency.  NOW, with opening up No-Huddle to your opponent if you do NOT match, this will make guys think twice about not matching personnel.

Post on 5/28/2014, 6:53 pm by chrebet1024

....and it's a great time to test it out (in the dead Madden months).

Post on 5/29/2014, 1:29 am by skyywalker_og

chrebet1024 wrote:Think about this guys......"Personnel Matching" is always a big thing in SIM leagues.  Should guys do it on most cases? YES....but we also understand that there are some cases where teams shouldn't do it.

Because we realize this, we allow a little leniency.  NOW, with opening up No-Huddle to your opponent if you do NOT match, this will make guys think twice about not matching personnel.

Great idea. I will definitely try this out.

Post on 5/29/2014, 2:03 pm by titanbrian

Trying it out in dead months should mean trying no huddle. Instead we are trying no huddle only if the defense breaks a rule? Like we are vigilantes and this will teach them for trying to add an extra CB.

We are doing something annoying, in response to someone doing something annoying. This will only make the whole process annoying.

The spirit of no huddle was to be able to play offense like your favorite NFL team

Post on 5/29/2014, 5:19 pm by chrebet1024

no no no...I disagree completely.

If the defense doesn't match...it does NOT mean they are breaking a rule.

Say the offense goes 3 WR's on a 3rd and 12....the defense has EVERY right to go Quarter.  This is technically "not matching," and also NOT breaking a rule.

BUT we are giving the offense extra opportunity to go no-huddle...increasing the cat and mouse game between offense and defense.

Post on 5/29/2014, 5:21 pm by chrebet1024

....Not to mention one of the BIGGEST REASONS TO GO NO HUDDLE is to TAKE ADVANTAGE of a personnel matchup.

Making it UNLIMITED IS NOT A GOOD IDEA at this point.  That would make it very UN-AUTHENTIC bc too many guys would run it too much.

So to compare running it "like your favorite NFL team" is not a great comparison bc of how ABUSED it will become.

Post on 5/29/2014, 7:05 pm by deathbyeagle

Eagles go no huddle almost the entire game in real life, not really for matchup problems but to tire the defense out. Thats why you saw so many fake injs by the oppt team against the Eagles. Other then the Eagles you dont see many teams run no huddle all game. You get some here and there and yes im sure in the future youll see more doing it for longer periods of time like the Eagles. Broncos and Pats run a version of it but not hard core like you want in madden.

Not to mention when Eagles and other teams run no huddle, they dont run to the line like in the game. They just dont huddle for 10 secs. EA made the no huddle in the game for when ur losing, hurry up. Its completely diff then what the Eagles, Broncos and Pats do.

The problem with madden is your going to get ur offense yellow faster then the defense doing no huddle. So its doing the oppt of what happens in real life. Plus Its a video game, not real life. Its never going to be like the nfl either. EA creates these games for scoring, tourneys, excitment. As sim lgs we basicly try to do the oppt of EAs real purpose.

Now Ive been doing these lgs since 2002 and no huddle has always been banned from every lg ever since. For one if ur going no huddle all game ur not changing up ur plays much. Your very limited in ur audible selection. So true mix goes bye bye. Just imgine all the pistol whores that have every pistol formation in the book, thats all youll see. Secondly offense is just too easy this year so you are now going to give extra plays to score even more? No reason for it unless losing in the 4th or end of half. Maybe next yrs game if it truly increases the defense.

I personally dont care either way but if I was you id be happy with the try out cause most will say keep it banned. In the end its a video game, not real. if you ever think it will be like the nfl, u need to look yourself in the mirror and slap yourself around a bit, cause your nuts Smile

Post on 5/29/2014, 7:55 pm by chrebet1024

deathbyeagle wrote:Eagles go no huddle almost the entire game in real life, not really for matchup problems but to tire the defense out. Thats why you saw so many fake injs by the oppt team against the Eagles. Other then the Eagles you dont see many teams run no huddle all game. You get some here and there and yes im sure in the future youll see more doing it for longer periods of time like the Eagles. Broncos and Pats run a version of it but not hard core like you want in madden.

Not to mention when Eagles and other teams run no huddle, they dont run to the line like in the game. They just dont huddle for 10 secs. EA made the no huddle in the game for when ur losing, hurry up. Its completely diff then what the Eagles, Broncos and Pats do.

The problem with madden is your going to get ur offense yellow faster then the defense doing no huddle. So its doing the oppt of what happens in real life. Plus Its a video game, not real life. Its never going to be like the nfl either. EA creates these games for scoring, tourneys, excitment. As sim lgs we basicly try to do the oppt of EAs real purpose.

Now Ive been doing these lgs since 2002 and no huddle has always been banned from every lg ever since. For one if ur going no huddle all game ur not changing up ur plays much. Your very limited in ur audible selection. So true mix goes bye bye. Just imgine all the pistol whores that have every pistol formation in the book, thats all youll see. Secondly offense is just too easy this year so you are now going to give extra plays to score even more? No reason for it unless losing in the 4th or end of half. Maybe next yrs game if it truly increases the defense.

I personally dont care either way but if I was you id be happy with the try out cause most will say keep it banned. In the end its a video game, not real. if you ever think it will be like the nfl, u need to look yourself in the mirror and slap yourself around a bit, cause your nuts :)

That last paragraph:  NO DOUBT ABOUT IT....100% agree.  Our goal is to only get it as close as possible.

Post on 5/30/2014, 2:40 pm by titanbrian

Ya, ok, but I'm going to use that "slap yourself" line next time someone says, "that's not realistic, you never see teams do that in the NFL"

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 10/18/2017, 7:42 pm