Chiefs/Colts Playoff Game Complaint

Share

hellrazor119

Posts : 149
Join date : 2013-11-30
20140617

Chiefs/Colts Playoff Game Complaint

Post by hellrazor119

I'll try to make this short and sweet, played my playoff game last night against zeemen. We play at least once a season so I already know what to expect, Jamaal Charles all game. I don't know where to begin with this but basically he was up by 20+ at half and I basically had enough of the outside runs and toss plays so I exited the game, let zeemen know via text that I'm going on auto pilot so he can play the CPU. To me it's unrealistic and it just wasn't fun especially after we played earlier in the season and Charles ran for 300+ and 5 TD's. It's basically unstoppable unless you have the Bears '85 D and even then that's questionable. I have made both commishes aware of my actions and will accept whatever punishment is handed down to me. I'm not asking for zeemen to be punished or banned, just looking to bring awareness to the situation. This will be my only post regarding the matter as I know how ugly this can turn quickly on a forum. If you guys want to add your comments, feel free to.


_________________
Buffalo Bills
PSN:  hellrazor119
Text:  716.239.7762
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on 6/17/2014, 7:20 pm by Zeemen

I can't be punished or banned for having 4 different guys with a TD bc you have 9 in the box. It's the easiest D to beat but you don't stay out of it. If you didn't quit at half then we could watch the recording. Your throwing picks to my D had nothing to do with JC. I remember I
Our reg season game too where you ran 248 yards on me. I guess no complaints there as that's on me. If I'm down 38-7 at half I'd be mad to but not enough to quit. To me that's total BS. Thanks for playing anyway. I don't play this game anymore so I thought you would walk all over me actually but when you force the ball to TE fleener all the time picks will happen then the game gets out of hand. I believe it was an. 80 yard qb keeper at the end of half that made u quit. If you want I can make sure qb options are not allowed to be called next time we play. Better yet I can go to a prevent D if you would like. Sounds like calling a bunch of plays is not cool. In the end there is no justification to quit as no rules were broken. But I do get it you can't quit without saying your opponent did something. Had to be a justification in there somewhere bc losing shouldn't happen. If I was unstoppable, why do I lose to the jets every year or last year the Seahawks. I have 0 SB wins. So just maybe I played a better game this time and that's all.
avatar

Post on 6/17/2014, 9:18 pm by BurntCabbage

First off under no circumstances is quitting a game acceptable. The punishment is usually non-disputable and this put the commissioners in a tough spot because up till this point Hellrazor has been one hell of an owner. But before we get into all that, lets take a look at this........

hellrazor119 wrote:I already know what to expect, Jamaal Charles all game. I don't know where to begin with this but basically he was up by 20+ at half and I basically had enough of the outside runs and toss plays

Man let me tell you how much I hear this........even from zee himself when he calls me up and tells me that he is up 40 points at half time and the other guy is doing stupid things (gee....maybe he's mad). I mean how fun is it to play a guy that has the game wrapped up by the 2nd quarter. And I'm not saying these games are all completely zee's fault cause the reactions of some owners make things worse, but this isn't the first guy to lose it and quit when playing zee. See... part of being in this league is about coexisting with 31 other guys and having mutual respect for one and other. I truely respect zee, but on this one I have to say Hellrazor's complaint has a ton of merit.

First off it's no secret (especially to the original MXLF guys) that zeemen labs the living hell out of the game every year. Correct me if I'm wrong zee, but I think the idea is you go into practice mode and run the same play over and over against different defenses and different looks, and then vice versa for defense. You figure out how the AI reacts to certain things and find things within the game. So in Madden 13 I see zee rule through the air with rg3, had a balanced run game (rg3 incorporated of course). Zee had fast receivers in M13 and a nasty defense. Of course that was M13........ Now its M25 and needless to say the team building didn't go quite the same. For the first time since I've been playing with him, zee's #1 wr is 89 spd and 85 accel, below 90's in all around speed. The reason for this is Madden 25 is slightly overpowered in the blocking department the WR's he starts are nothing but run blockers for Charles. To me.....this is very cheesy to me because you set up a whole offense to take advantage of a specific element of the game and what some may consider a game flaw. And I remember the 300+ yard 5td Charles game.......I remember calling you zeemen right after I saw those stats. I don't like what you do with Jamaal Charles honestly......it's unsim.....and I never say that about you...... Zee, despite what you tell me, this power run attack was not some random thing you chose to do this year. The is a labbed move in an attempt to buttfuck the AI and you know it.

Now is labbing and setting up this offense against the rules? Nope. Not at all. But as I said this league is more than following rules and playing games. It's about coexisting with other owners....which is hard to do when they are pissed by halftime.

We'll see what Chrebet has to say.....and by all means if anyone else has any input. OPEN FORUM!!! Hell who's to say i even know what the fuck I'm talking about.

p.s. @zeemen, no hard feelings....u know me, I gotta be honest and this is really what I'm thinking at the moment.
avatar

Post on 6/17/2014, 10:30 pm by deathbyeagle

I think its more funny that everyone knows who plays real ball and who plays lobby ball but nothing ever gets done about it.

People dont change. Once a lobby baller always a lobby baller. I personally havent played zee. But seams the same thing each week. If its that big of a deal its the commishes responsibility to take action, and all madden it hasnt been addressed so it cant be that big of a issue and if it is then tis tis on the commishes.

However, I also know zee isnt the only lobby baller here. And to be honest everyone over abuses something weather its the same outside runs, pistol, same cover 3 or underman. Etc Etc. Im sure hellrazor is not squeey clean 100% himself. So most are no diff then zee in a way. ban him, kick him, do what ever, but right now the lack of punishments has been pretty consistant so if he does become an example then all need to be put on watch.

As i always say, Its a video game. Some people only play to win, they are what us old guys call a loser. There are many losers in the madden world, this lg included but to each his own is what I say. If spending ur time learning the in's and out's of the game is what makes u happy, go for it. Everyone values there short time in this world diff. But it all comes down to consistancy, if this was a issue all this time, it should have been dealt with before and not this late into the game. Not tring to call out any commishes here but just my view. If eyes were closed all this time, cant open this late and call out the past.

Post on 6/17/2014, 10:38 pm by Zeemen

Yes I won't lab and when I see horrid defenses I won't do what the NFL does which is call the best play to beat it, I will keep the score close, I will not build a roster that is good. If I lose I'm a bum if I win I'm labbing to much and I robbed the other guy. If I was 7-8 none of this would take place. So what does that say with out me spelling it out? I'll try to be more conscience of the other teams feelings. It's football so I'll check with them at half and see if the competition meter is running a little high on my end. I will tone it down. Hell razor doesn't deserve to lose to me. That's just not right. I did get lucky in our game though I think that's why I was winning when he quit. If I get lucky though that is one thing I can't control. Madden must have helped me fully to even be up 38-7 at half.

Now I just lost in the afc champ game. 48-16. He totally had all the luck. I should be mad bc I lost but then again it's football and when I watch it on Sunday, I see a team lose and after they say we got beat. Thats what we should do here. Band of brothers. We are all winners now even if we loose. Since I lost I get to play next season with my opponent knowing that I can loose which will give him a boost of excitement and try. Thank you ravens for kicking my ass so hard. It was much needed. Your unstoppable plays far exceeded my unstoppable plays. I'm not sure I can compete with you but I'm sure going to try. I didn't lab enough and you were ready. Good game man and even though others do tosses and stretches, you better watch yours bc winning will draw attention to you play calling. Gg see you next season be ready bc I have a new FB dive play that could be unstoppable.
avatar

Post on 6/17/2014, 11:56 pm by skyywalker_og

deathbyeagle wrote:I think its more funny that everyone knows who plays real ball and who plays lobby ball but nothing ever gets done about it.

People dont change. Once a lobby baller always a lobby baller. I personally havent played zee. But seams the same thing each week. If its that big of a deal its the commishes responsibility to take action, and all madden it hasnt been addressed so it cant be that big of a issue and if it is then tis tis on the commishes.

However, I also know zee isnt the only lobby baller here. And to be honest everyone over abuses something weather its the same outside runs, pistol, same cover 3 or underman. Etc Etc. Im sure hellrazor is not squeey clean 100% himself. So most are no diff then zee in a way. ban him, kick him, do what ever, but right now the lack of punishments has been pretty consistant so if he does become an example then all need to be put on watch.

I'm not saying this is directed at you personally, because I don't really know you, but I'm sick and tired of people who don't understand REAL FOOTBALL and call things "lobby ball" that simply aren't. Look at the Seahawks last year. Towards the end of the year they LITERALLY ran 2-3 different defenses with only two SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT personnel groups and that's it.

Here's a great article about the offense that Peyton Manning ran in Indy and which is pretty much the exact same offense that the Broncos run now. You're looking about about 15-20 plays out of 3-4 formations. That's it. If you have something on offense that works, then you run it, and run it, and run it again. It's the defense's responsibility to stop it. And there is NOTHING on offense in this year's game that can't be slowed down. Nothing.

It shocks me sometimes how certain guys just want to call stock coverages and think that they shouldn't have to adjust. Football is a game of adjustments.
avatar

Post on 6/17/2014, 11:56 pm by skyywalker_og

Forgot to paste the link: http://smartfootball.com/offense/peyton-manning-and-tom-moores-indianapolis-colts-offense#sthash.f0Ang9sa.dpbs

Post on 6/18/2014, 7:50 am by Zeemen

Amen! Finally someone who gets it.

Post on 6/18/2014, 9:42 am by ClaxTKE

I'm on the side of zee.

1) There is NO excuse for quitting ever. Seems like colts is just upset because he got smacked hard.

2) Zee calls the right plays to win a game. In this game there is a counter to everything. I was getting abused on outsiide runs from EVERY owner. So what did I do? I found what can be done to counter it. I didn't just sit back and whine every time it happened to me.

If Colts is cramming the box OF COURSE I'm gonna run tosses or outside runs. If Colts shifted all his guys to one side...well OF COURSE I'm gonna switch the play to the other side.

Zee is a strong player who calls the right plays to win the game. Yall need to stop making it seem like it's unstoppable - because it's not -- as you can see by Ravens smacking him. We shouldn't be criticizing Zee we should be looking at what he does to make us improve and become better at madden both offensively and defensively. Great players learn and adjust and I think more people need to start doing it rather than whining.
avatar

Post on 6/18/2014, 10:11 am by deathbyeagle

skyywalker_og wrote:I'm not saying this is directed at you personally, because I don't really know you, but I'm sick and tired of people who don't understand REAL FOOTBALL and call things "lobby ball" that simply aren't.  Look at the Seahawks last year.  Towards the end of the year they LITERALLY ran 2-3 different defenses with only two SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT personnel groups and that's it.  

Here's a great article about the offense that Peyton Manning ran in Indy and which is pretty much the exact same offense that the Broncos run now.  You're looking about about 15-20 plays out of 3-4 formations.  That's it.  If you have something on offense that works, then you run it, and run it, and run it again.  It's the defense's responsibility to stop it.  And there is NOTHING on offense in this year's game that can't be slowed down.  Nothing.

It shocks me sometimes how certain guys just want to call stock coverages and think that they shouldn't have to adjust.  Football is a game of adjustments.

You clearly did not either  A- read the post or B- understand the real meaning by it cause it has zero to do with what you replied about, lol.
avatar

Post on 6/18/2014, 10:14 am by skyywalker_og

ClaxTKE wrote:Great players learn and adjust and I think more people need to start doing it rather than whining.

Pretty much sums it up right there.

Anyone who says that another player is "abusing" something is a whiner - period.
avatar

Post on 6/18/2014, 10:19 am by skyywalker_og

deathbyeagle wrote:

You clearly did not either  A- read the post or B- understand the real meaning by it cause it has zero to do with what you replied about, lol.

You stated that "everyone abuses something", "once a lobby balls always a lobby baller" and "Some people only play to win, they are what us old guys call a loser." it's quite clear what you're getting at. My response is a direct challenge to the thinking behind those types of assertions. This nearly 40 year old guy right here (me) thinks that guys who DON'T play to win are the real "losers." To each their own.
avatar

Post on 6/18/2014, 10:26 am by deathbyeagle

Again you clearly dont get the real meaning so Ill leave it at that. Everyone reads into a post diff, all depends on what they want it to say. You clearly feel it means what you think, I think completely diff. Guess that falls into the "each his own" phrase as well.

Post on 6/18/2014, 11:42 am by titanbrian

I've never beat zeemen in four attempts, i did hold him to 80 yds rushing once (small victory). In that game i wanted to take away the run and not allow deep passes. He beat me with short crossing routes, and to the flats. Actually he beat me by out scoring me, lol.

If i had a top 5 running to the outside list, zee would be on it, but not #1. I've never complained about the #1 guy, and I'm yet to be abused by anyone in the league.

An example of coexisting with the 31 owners is when i used to get complaints of throwing to my TE's to much. I didn't think i did, others didn't think i did, but because i had some complaints, i threw in some extra 4 and 5 WR sets. the complaints stopped because a small effort on my part changed the perception of the whole league.
avatar

Post on 6/18/2014, 12:58 pm by BurntCabbage

titanbrian wrote: I've never beat zeemen in four attempts, i did hold him to 80 yds rushing once (small victory). In that game i wanted to take away the run and not allow deep passes. He beat me with short crossing routes, and to the flats. Actually he beat me by out scoring me, lol.

If i had a top 5 running to the outside list, zee would be on it, but not #1. I've never complained about the #1 guy, and I'm yet to be abused by anyone in the league.

An example of coexisting with the 31 owners is when i used to get complaints of throwing to my TE's to much. I didn't think i did, others didn't think i did, but because i had some complaints, i threw in some extra 4 and 5 WR sets. the complaints stopped because a small effort on my part changed the perception of the whole league.

Zee, read this very carefully. Let me be clear that zee DID NOT break a rule. This is about handing down punishments.....this is something I'm bringing attention to....and titanbrian just replied like he got EXACTLY what I was saying..
avatar

Post on 6/18/2014, 1:03 pm by BurntCabbage

ClaxTKE wrote:I'm on the side of zee.

1) There is NO excuse for quitting ever. Seems like colts is just upset because he got smacked hard.

2) Zee calls the right plays to win a game. In this game there is a counter to everything. I was getting abused on outsiide runs from EVERY owner. So what did I do? I found what can be done to counter it. I didn't just sit back and whine every time it happened to me.

If Colts is cramming the box OF COURSE I'm gonna run tosses or outside runs. If Colts shifted all his guys to one side...well OF COURSE I'm gonna switch the play to the other side.

Zee is a strong player who calls the right plays to win the game. Yall need to stop making it seem like it's unstoppable - because it's not -- as you can see by Ravens smacking him. We shouldn't be criticizing Zee we should be looking at what he does to make us improve and become better at madden both offensively and defensively. Great players learn and adjust and I think more people need to start doing it rather than whining.

I already voiced my opinion about your running game to you during our last game when u could only throw 11 passes and ran everything outside.  Your in the same catagory with pead as jamaal Charles is....

You and zee are the only people that average over 7.5 rushing an attempt. Next closest is 6.5. You guys are at 7.7 and 7.8 and all I hear is "outside"...

But like many have said, outside is most of the league..
avatar

Post on 6/18/2014, 1:33 pm by chrebet1024

Didn't see the game...have no idea.

Absolutely there is no excuse for quitting a game and punishment will come for this.  Hellrazor already understands this.

This is also why I do NOT want to call our league a SIM league...BC guys over anylyze what Sim is or means.  Like DBE says...it is impossible to emulate real football.  For anybody that has played knows this.  Some guys think mixing plays "arbitrarily" is what Sim is. Fuck that.  There should always be a purpose and a reason for what your calling....which sets up future plays.

Having said that tho....we do need to call some dives and isos in the run game instead of stretches and pitches all game.  Its a sign of respect and challenging yourself to run the tougher way (which is inside this game).

I did hear that Zeemen still had his FB in at #2 TE....I'm not positive about this...but that is against the rules as well.

I disagree with DBE about "a guy is who he is and that's it."  Some guys (who didn't have a clue)....actually have come in and done some great things with improving over time.

Hell No this isn't real football and never will be....but our goal should ALWAYS be to make it as close as possible.  What's the alternative?....to have no rules at all and just say fuck it?  That league would SUCK BALLS in my opinion.

Lastly...this is why these discussions should ALWAYS happen on our website....heads coming together to express views.


Last edited by chrebet1024 on 6/18/2014, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar

Post on 6/18/2014, 1:48 pm by skyywalker_og

chrebet1024 wrote:
Lastly...this is why these discussions should ALWAYS happen on our website....heads coming together to express views.

^ The voice of reason.

Post on 6/18/2014, 9:55 pm by Zeemen

Clark and Titan and sky. Thank you for not being afraid to come out and say you play to win. You are right that like the nfl I and most of you call plays to beat the defense that is on the field in a formation we think is what what we think it is. I break absolutely no rules and know for a fact I call 30 plus plays a game. Now those are catered to the type of D I'm facing. Like anyone would do, your trying to move the ball without breaking rules and keeping it real as possible. I run well up and or outside. Whatever I'm given. I don't have D.Jax or Clavin. If I did my offense would be different. I've built a defense and a short pass run offense. You have to play to your strengths. Most of you should get this and I thank you who came on her and do the same. I watch many of you all as well build and play your style. Some of us are good and win many games. But everyone and everything can be stopped. Big deal you get beat or blown out. Try something different, change do whatever to advance. Do not get pissy and or call people an abuser or cheater bc they smack you up. Some of us just have others numbers. That's the way it is. I've struggled against the jets team and personnel for 5 seasons. It's what it is it makes me change and try harder. I don't take the easy quitting road and say "I'm getting smacked, he must be cheating me". I have a ton if respect for many owners here and those who look to take me out. I think it's great. We have some hard cite guys here that care and also will fight to win. I'm really not here to make sure my opponent is happy. I don't cheat to win therefore I don't feel bad about beating someone badly. It's football it happens every Sunday. I'd also like to think we are a big boy league and we should be able to take a loss and be respectful about it. Last but not least, games are on video so like Chrebet said play the game and if there is wrong doing, it will be seen. I'm open to anyone breaking down my games and looking for me playing against the rules. If we can't take a loss , this is not the league for some bc there are some great ballers here and everyone is going to lose.

Post  by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is 10/23/2017, 9:33 am