Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rating system

titanbrian

rating system Empty rating system

Post by titanbrian

This idea was brought up in the chat a while back and i thought it could be a brilliant addition to the league, a rating system.

Like the surveys you take at retail stores, they should be quick and easy, but give valuable info.

Was your opponent respectful (1-5)
    Was he knowledgeable of the game (1-5)
    Rate the internet connection (1-5)
    Rate his gameplay (1 lobby-5 strategy)
    So on and so forth....

Then as issues arise, we can add specific questions to the poll,

Was your opponent abusing outside runs (1-5)
    How often did you see press coverage, 1-never, 2-rarely, 3-good mix, 4-most of the time, 5-every f¥©&ing play!

That's the idea, could supplement scouts, or stand alone.

If a guy is averaging 2.7 in a category, we could put pressure on them to get at least a 3. Its like constructive, overall perceptive, instant feedback, that will give long term feedback of our players. Even the Robar awards could be handed out to the highest averages.
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post 6/30/2014, 7:40 pm by chrebet1024

Very difficult to do.  I've thought about it...but who is going to average out the ratings each and every week?

I have enough difficulties doing the things we do now.

I like the scouting reports as a standalone because it's ALL interpretation anyways....so if you want to get some more info on a guy you just need to check out the scouting reports...AND look at the ones that you TRUST.

...meaning some guys will be worse at providing good info on Scouting Reports than others.

Once we start doing a rating system...then there is no difference between a "terrible" point of view and a "realistic" point of view on a guy.

It's a lot of work for the admins....with "objective" opinions...WORDS always are OK, but numbers become arguments.

Post 6/30/2014, 8:13 pm by Zeemen

Plus what's going to happen if the D dictates the O to run outside or middle 80% in a game? You can't get on and say so and so ran to the left 9 times and to the right 3. Most sim offensive players take what us given to them. So even if we had a rating system I wouldn't change a thing bc I'll take what I'm given. So the accuracy if rating owners every game would be a challenge. Goid idea but scouting reports kinda include what an owner does.

Also I have talked to some lately and everyone likes changes and adding things to the league but sometimes over doing things is just too much and can clog the main point of playing football. Seems like most here have full time jobs and getting games done and keeping up with league stuff is hard at times as it is. Hate to see anyone go due to time restraints bc we keeping asking more and more from everyone. I truely think the league has touched on everything we can do to make it as real as can be. Sure we can tweak things here and there but I don't want to play an hour game them a write up plus rating owners as well as other tasks.
    BurntCabbage

Post 6/30/2014, 9:11 pm by BurntCabbage

Zeemen wrote:Plus what's going to happen if the D dictates the O to run outside or middle 80% in a game?  You can't get on and say so and so ran to the left 9 times and to the right 3. Most sim offensive players take what us given to them. So even if we had a rating system I wouldn't change a thing bc I'll take what I'm given. So the accuracy if rating owners every game would be a challenge. Goid idea but scouting reports kinda include what an owner does.

Also I have talked to some lately and everyone likes changes and adding things to the league but sometimes over doing things is just too much and can clog the main point of playing football. Seems like most here have full time jobs and getting games done and keeping up with league stuff is hard at times as it is. Hate to see anyone go due to time restraints bc we keeping asking more and more from everyone. I truely think the league has touched on everything we can do to make it as real as can be. Sure we can tweak things here and there but I don't want to play an hour game them a write up plus rating owners as well as other tasks.

You don't like it because you would have the lowest rating, lmao. Sorry, had to do it.  Evil or Very Mad 

For real tho, I agree with Chrebet and Zee on this one.....not so much on the time issue, because honestly the surveys could be done quicker than the mandatory scouting reports that are required now and math is math you just gotta average, not hard. I do agree that an owners number can be skewed for various reasons not relating to sim play and therefore those numbers could never stand up on their own. To have such an important thing controlled by basically the opponent would cause issues and the numbers would be false anyways.

With that being said, I like the idea of a survey.....but maybe in a way that's more private. Like commish emails the survey out randomly and the owner emails back. Surveys are basically kept on file, not averaged into a number. Then the Commish's can use them as they wish....to identify trends, support unsim claims, etc. Thanks titanbrian.

Post 7/1/2014, 10:19 pm by Zeemen

Lol funny. The rating wiuld say zee kicked my ass again at least most of them would. I can't slice an English muffin diwn the middle so that both pieces are same size at all I struggle with that. But madden I can do.
    ddarrendd

Post 7/2/2014, 12:26 am by ddarrendd

Yeah I was in a PS3 league that had this system before I got my PS4 and the commish had to just completely exclude some guys responses to ratings because if they won a game every rating would be great and if they lost a game every rating against their opponent would be very bad lol.
    chrebet1024

Post 7/2/2014, 9:14 am by chrebet1024

...with the scouting reports...we're not only trying to get information about guys' gameplay, but also find out who can accurately (and without bias if losing), explain gameplay the right way.  Do they see certain things?  Are they reporting accurately or just reporting the at they feel play should be?  Are they too picky? Or notnpickh enough with gameplay?

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 10:03 am