ratings boost

titanbrian

ratings boost

Post by titanbrian

At the start of league we were discussing the different ratings for players and should any of them get caps. We talked about limiting speed or throw power, and ended up with a no restriction resolution.

By year end i think run block for WR's was an issue. Madden 15 could have the same overpowered running to the outside, and then I'd want to limit WR run block somehow. Madden could have a new overpowered mechanic that only a few of us figure out early, exploit it, and the rest of us are left behind.

A possible solution is for our owners to post what they are building with their xp.

Either posting every time a player passes a threshold like 80 and 90, or at beginning of season state your overall strategy, and again whenever it changes.

Example: DT, once my AWR hits 80, I'll only use XP on BSH.

Or : i just spend on the cheapest ratings first building my RB evenly across the board.

or a threshold example would be: today my WR hit 70 RBK and my ROLB hit 90 STR.

Having one guy policing the ratings would be a challenge, but working some sort of idea like this might help

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on 7/28/2014, 3:22 pm by tony87blue

tampamountaineer wrote:The onus is on the developers to make wr rbk too difficult to build up....if the option is too expensive, problem solved

actually the onus is on the 32 people playing in a "sim" league.

we're not suppose to abuse flaws of the game....notice i said abuse! is it ok to do something 1-2 times per game? imo yes, but when you have people that do the same things repeatedly and/or all game long then it becomes an issue!

yes, it'd help if EA didnt make it so easy to do things but in the end it's up to the people playing in the "sim" leagues to play with the "sim" mentality instead of the "win at all cost" mentality.

Post on 7/28/2014, 3:29 pm by Yeah Dog

Would someone please kick tony's soap box out from under him...thanks in advance.

Post on 7/28/2014, 3:41 pm by tony87blue

YD, you're eyes are open each and every time!

Post on 7/28/2014, 3:46 pm by Yeah Dog

lol

Post on 7/28/2014, 4:15 pm by titanbrian

Who cares about the rookies, they are new guys introduced to the league, if a wr has 90 rbk, and that matters then he will get picked high. If its anything like last year, and my guess it will be, then he will have 64 speed to go along with it.

EA puts more research into the player ratings then we could, and if the top strength is 98, then you can bet that guy did the most reps in the combine, and we shouldn't be able to make a SS 99, cuz irl he is not as strong.

So its a very reasonable cap, that can't be argued because one of us doesn't decide the #. And if Madden limits an attribute maybe its because they KNOW the game would be broken if a guy was any higher, and we are just guessing

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 8/18/2017, 10:36 am