PS4 Connection Help

ClaxTKE

PS4 Connection Help

Post by ClaxTKE

Hello everyone,

I recently switched my internet to a faster provider with a new router D-link DIR-862L.

Before I switched I had no connection, or latency issues.

Now that I have switched I'm finding any game I play online has harsh lag, or I am unable to even connect.

When I test my connection my Download and Upload speed change drastically.

For example:

I'll do one test and my connection speed (Download) will be 1.4MBps with my Conncection Speed (Upload) being 99.1 kbps. I think that's pretty good? And should easily make Madden sustainable?

I will do another test right after my good test, and my Connection speed (Download) will list at 612.5 KBps and and my Connection speed (Upload) will list at 167.7KBps

I'm confused as to what is the issue here. Is this my router? my internet in general? What can I do to help stabilize it?

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on 8/17/2014, 2:05 pm by bu11ze1

Those speeds are horrible...fix it or leave my division lol

Post on 8/17/2014, 2:14 pm by chrebet1024

ClaxTKE wrote:Hello everyone,

I recently switched my internet to a faster provider with a new router D-link DIR-862L.

Before I switched I had no connection, or latency issues.

Now that I have switched I'm finding any game I play online has harsh lag, or I am unable to even connect.

When I test my connection my Download and Upload speed change drastically.

For example:

I'll do one test and my connection speed (Download) will be 1.4MBps with my Conncection Speed (Upload) being 99.1 kbps. I think that's pretty good? And should easily make Madden sustainable?

I will do another test right after my good test, and my Connection speed (Download) will list at 612.5 KBps and and my Connection speed (Upload) will list at 167.7KBps

I'm confused as to what is the issue here. Is this my router? my internet in general? What can I do to help stabilize it?

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks

Clax...call your internet provider and increase your speed to 15MBps.  It will only cost you another $5 a month or so.

Is WAY worth it.

Post on 8/17/2014, 2:20 pm by ClaxTKE

Is the speed due to my provider purely being slow? Or is it because my router is not sending a strong enough signal?

Do you think it would all be fixed if I wired myself in, or is it just my internet is shitty regardless?

(I plan on wiring myself in for games) but for everything else I'd like to avoid it.

Post on 8/17/2014, 2:22 pm by bu11ze1

U can try just to the out wireless being the issue...likely IRS your provider though...for comparison I get 100 meg down and 25 meg up...way overkill of course.. A steady 5 meg down 2 up will work...stability is key though looks like your shit is all over the place

Post on 8/17/2014, 2:22 pm by bu11ze1

Sorry for typos on phone with a baby on me

Post on 8/17/2014, 2:31 pm by tony87blue

Lmao...you were a fat finger biatch before your baby but good excuse

Post on 8/17/2014, 2:45 pm by ClaxTKE

The internet I have right now says that it's 20mbps but when Im on my PS4 it says anywhere from 600KBPS to 3MBps.... What is the issue in the difference here?

Post on 8/17/2014, 2:46 pm by shooter8175

tony87blue wrote:Lmao...you were a fat finger biatch before your baby but good excuse

have tonys wife come fix it..she will fix your internet and give you a blow job

Post on 8/17/2014, 3:34 pm by ClaxTKE

Wired in I'm at 20 mbps and it's very smooth.Guess I've gotta look at this router.

Post on 8/17/2014, 3:48 pm by tony87blue

If those speeds are the ones u are shown from ps4 connection test then u don't have to worry bout it. What are your speeds testing from a CPU?

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 8/20/2017, 2:04 am