Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROSTER / DEPTH-CHART GUIDELINES

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024

ROSTER / DEPTH-CHART GUIDELINES Empty ROSTER / DEPTH-CHART GUIDELINES

Post by chrebet1024

Player Positions
    ***You are NOT allowed to make a player positional change unless 1st approved on the website first.  The ones that you CAN make are the ones during season that are symmetrical and they ALLOW you to make.  Example:  RT to LT, or SS to FS.

We have 53 roster spots available for our team, and you are required to carry 53 players on your team at all times! Listed are the minimum required at every position which EQUALS 43 PLAYERS, fill in the rest how you so choose to get to 53 players.

***NO EXCEPTIONS...every NFL team carries 53, and so will we
    ***Obviously...the Offseason is the only time we are allowed to go under 53

QB - 2
    HB - 3
    WR - 4
    FB/TE - 3
    T - 3
    G - 3
    C - 1
    *MUST have a minimum of 8 OL
    DT - 2
    DE - 3
    *MUST have a minimum of 6 DL
    MLB - 2
    OLB - 3
    *MUST have a minimum of 6 LB
    CB - 4
    FS - 1
    SS - 1
    *MUST have a minimum of 4 SAFETIES
    K - 1 (Cannot have OVER 1 K either)
    P – 1 (Cannot have OVER 1 P either)

Player Depth Chart/Substitutions
    On Depth chart/in game substitutions and/or formation packages, the following players can ONLY play the following positions. This also applies to injuries, it's your fault if you don’t have enough players to cover the DC/Sub requirements. If an audible or anything else puts the wrong player in a wrong spot, this is an illegal play and punishable.

Example:
    Free Safety:  FS, SS
    ***that means only FS's and SS's can be in the FS slot on your Depth Chart.
    Cornerback:  CB, FS, SS
    ***that means only CB's, FS's and SS's can be in the CB slot on your Depth Chart.

Quarterback : QB unless it's Wild Cat play
    Halfback : HB or FB unless it's Wild Cat Play
    Fullback : FB, TE (dual HB is allowed if in Shotgun/Pistol formation only)
    Wide Receiver :  WR, (TE/HB if #4 or #5 on Depth Chart only)
    Tight End : TE, (FB and LT,RT allowed only for #3 slots - or if subbed in must be in 3 TE formation)
    *Only allowed to have a max of 6 OL in the game at one time
    *The formations or automatic sub packages that ALLOW FB/OL to play the 2nd TE ARE ALLOWED, but you can only MANUALLY SUB them in if it's a 3 TE Set.
    Tackle : LT, RT
    Center : C, LG, RG
    Guard :  LG, RG, C
    *OL Rules ONLY apply to STARTER SLOTS.  Backups can be any position mix.
    Defensive Tackle: DT, 3-4 LE, 3-4 RE (4-3 LE and 4-3 RE are allowed if used only in a passing situations and in certain sub packages such as NASCAR)
    Defensive End: LE, RE, DT, (3-4 LOLB and 3-4 ROLB are allowed if used in a 4-3 scheme or in passing/sub situations)
    Outside Linebacker: LOLB, ROLB, MLB, (4-3 LE and 4-3 RE are allowed if used in a 3-4 scheme)
    Middle Linebacker: MLB, LOLB, ROLB (The OLB's CANNOT be 3-4 scheme guys to play MLB, they MUST be 4-3 OLB's)
    Cornerback : CB, FS, SS
    Free Safety : FS, SS 
    Strong Safety : SS, FS
    (CB can play the 3rd Safety in the Quarter Package ONLY, but CANNOT be any of the 2 high safeties)
    Kicker : K
    Punter : P

***Defensive players are NOT allowed to be subbed in on Offense for any reason, at any time!!!!
    The ONLY situation where this is OK is where the formation has a defensive player in there in a "DEFAULT PACKAGE" fashion....for example:  The 49ers "I Form Heavy" Formation.
    Although we do see Defensive players being subbed on Offense in real life...it opens up a can of worms that a "Video Game" just cannot handle.

***Here's the bottom line with the Front 7 alignment.....Forget positions as it will only confuse you....remember this, there are really ONLY 3 different types of Front 7 players.
    1.  Big Guys (All DT's and 3-4 DE's)
    2.  Edge Rushers (4-3 DE's and 3-4 OLB's)
    3.  Linebackers (All MLB's and 4-3 OLB's)
    ............ALWAYS have at least this on the field when in a Base Defense (4-3, 3-4, 46):
    --2 Big Guys
    --2 Edge Rushers
    --2 Linebackers
    --The 7th guy can be one of choice depending on the Scheme you run.
    For example if you run a 3-4 you will have 3 big guys, 2 edge rushers and 2 linebackers / a 4-3 will have 2 big guys, 2 edge rushers and 3 linebackers.

***Special Teams Manipulation***
    Some guys like to put STARTERS in RESERVE roles so their special teams will be better as a result. 
    --This is NOT allowed
    --In some cases yes, you're going to have starters in reserve roles at certain positions, but if it is clear that you are doing it across your entire depth chart so your special teams has better players on it, you will be punished.
    --The most COMMON abuse is putting your LOLB starter at #2 at ROLB and ROLB starter at #2 LOLB.  Same with FS starter at #2 SS and SS starter at #FS. 

*****These depth chart rules are very strict and will be followed closely.  The only way to get around the above limitations is to Request a "Player Position Change" during the offseason which has its own dedicated thread.

Position Change Requests
    --In-Season you are allowed to make those "Symetrical Changes" that the game allows you to.  For example moving a LG to RG or a LOLB to ROLB.
    ***If you are found however to be doing this in order to manipulate the XP system then you will be severely punished
    ***If a guy is starting for you at one position and you DO have the ability to change him to that position in-season, then you MUST do so.

--Out of season Change Requests must be submitted on that dedicated section of the forum.  You must have realistic evidence to back up a request and it must make football sense for your team.  The commish will either approve or decline from there.
    ***Never change a player's position during the offseason without having it approved first.
    ***Once we get to 1 HOUR before the NFL Draft, the Position Change Request process is over until NEXT offseason.
    ***Rookies CAN only change positions if approved IMMEDIATELY after draft is complete.

Last edited by chrebet1024 on 11/27/2014, 1:03 am; edited 29 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post 1/26/2014, 4:05 pm by chrebet1024

New rule added...."Special Teams Manipulation"

Post 1/26/2014, 4:33 pm by shooter8175

Is it really manipation??! No kickoffs or punt return for tds and the agc are avg
    tcmagic97

Post 1/26/2014, 4:56 pm by tcmagic97

i agree with shooter...for one i never really took much thought into having rolb as backup lolb as i just did auto depth chart...besides shooter is right special teams are shit in next gen i want special teams to play more of a role in the games
    chrebet1024

Post 1/26/2014, 5:04 pm by chrebet1024

well i'm trying to HELP the return game a bit.

Not having starting stud OLB's on special teams is what i'm going for here.

like for example...say you got Von Miller.  Would he EVER play special teams in real life?  hell nah.  But guys purposely will put starters in #2 slots to make their coverage teams a lot better.

I want the return game to be better.

Post 1/26/2014, 5:20 pm by shooter8175

i just say its a non issue... if someone wants to put von miller there fine...
    its not gonna make the returns any better , but id laugh my ass off if von got hurt on a kickoff
    chrebet1024

Post 1/26/2014, 8:08 pm by chrebet1024

yeah its not a huge issue....but it is ridiculous to try to do that.  And its completely obvious when your depth chart looks like this:

LOLB
    1. Von Miller
    2. Clay Matthews
    3. Turd Ferguson

MLB
    1. Patrick Willis
    2. Jack Meholf
    3. Clay Matthews
    4. Von Miller

ROLB
    1. Clay Matthews
    2. Von Miller
    3. Turd Ferguson

....why in the world would Von and Clay be on the OTHER side as well?  Stupid.  We wanna keep SPECIAL TEAMS realistic have have BACKUPS be the special teamers.

Post 1/27/2014, 2:11 am by omgahamsandwich

whats the hit power on Jack Meholf and Turd Ferguson?
    chrebet1024

Post 1/27/2014, 9:14 am by chrebet1024

Haha...95 hit power. turd ferguson will knock the "SHIT" outta ya.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/3/2014, 4:31 pm by chrebet1024

BUMP.

I am going to be cracking down on this NOW. Please get your rosters in line.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/5/2014, 7:26 pm by chrebet1024

Change, you can only sub a OL in at TE if you are in a 3 TE SET ONLY.  Must be a 3 TE set.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/6/2014, 8:52 pm by chrebet1024

UPDATED...added that last section in there to clarify position change requests.
    chrebet1024

Post 4/19/2014, 1:47 pm by chrebet1024

amendment to FB position rule:

Tight End : TE, (FB and LT,RT allowed only for #3 slots - or if subbed in must be in 3 TE formation)
    *Only allowed to have a max of 6 OL in the game at one time
    *The formations or automatic sub packages that ALLOW FB to play the 2nd TE ARE ALLOWED, but you can only MANUALLY SUB them in if it's a 3 TE Set.
    chrebet1024

Post 5/1/2014, 7:25 pm by chrebet1024

UPDATE TO ROSTER MIN RULE (to start with SEASON 4):

We have 53 roster spots available for our team, and you are required to carry 53 players on your team at all times! Listed are the minimum required at every position which EQUALS 43 PLAYERS, fill in the rest how you so choose to get to 53 players.

***NO EXCEPTIONS...every NFL team carries 53, and so will we.

Post 6/21/2014, 2:12 pm by Pkmn93

Who is under watch for this season roster? I got a message but I checked my roster and it looks fine to me?
    chrebet1024

Post 7/25/2014, 11:25 am by chrebet1024

UPDATED
    chrebet1024

Post 7/25/2014, 1:30 pm by chrebet1024

Updated
    chrebet1024

Post 8/6/2014, 3:13 pm by chrebet1024

You ARE ALLOWED to submit player change requests before Season 1.

Post 8/7/2014, 8:17 pm by titanbrian

In an interview with Josh Looman (Madden game designer), he was asked about the two QB glitch. He said they fixed the two QB and other glitches by having set up minimum roster requirements before you can enter a game. Madden 15 keeps getting me more excited!
    Ra-fa_br

Post 8/20/2014, 8:50 am by Ra-fa_br

Bump
    chrebet1024

Post 8/29/2014, 9:47 am by chrebet1024

UPDATED

QB min changed to 2.  EA claimed they fixed the QB glitch. But keep an eye out for it....we can easily revert back if something is wrong.
    chrebet1024

Post 10/3/2014, 5:35 pm by chrebet1024

New Edition:

***Defensive players are NOT allowed to be subbed in on Offense for any reason, at any time!!!!
    The ONLY situation where this is OK is where the formation has a defensive player in there in a "DEFAULT" fashion....for example:  The 49ers "I Form Heavy" Formation.
    Although we do see Defensive players being subbed on Offense in real life...it opens up a can of worms that a "Video Game" just cannot handle.

Post 10/7/2014, 12:55 pm by titanbrian

I would like to be allowed to sub in a CB into a third Saftey position. This would let me matchup 5 cb's against 5 wr's with my quarter formation.

I also saw a dime formation 2-3-6 that used three safeties. A dime, with only 3 cb's feels more like a nickel to me, I'd rather have for cb's in there, but the rules prevent it.
    tony87blue

Post 10/7/2014, 1:39 pm by tony87blue

titanbrian wrote:I would like to be allowed to sub in a CB into a third Saftey position. This would  let me matchup 5 cb's against 5 wr's  with my quarter formation.

I also saw a dime formation 2-3-6 that used three safeties. A dime, with only 3 cb's feels more like a nickel to me, I'd rather have for cb's in there, but the rules prevent it.

i dont see why it would be an issue to allow us to manually sub our 5th CB in that S position on the quarter formation. think the purpose of the rule is to prevent a CB playing S at the natural S position....least that's why i came up with the guidelines for MXL.

however, as far as the 236 dime formation one....i dont think a CB subbed where that S is (next to the LB) is very realistic. i think that formation is more so that you can have your S lined up against the TE in 3 WR sets since he'll be closer to LOS without needing to do show blitz or man align.
    chrebet1024

Post 10/7/2014, 4:57 pm by chrebet1024

Can't you sub a CB into that 3rd Safety spot in Quarter already?  I know with almost all the other ones you can.  For example I sub in my 3rd CB into my 3rd Safety slot on Nickel Strong formation.

There's also sub packages to do this.

The reason we don't do it is because of injuries...and preventing ANY possible circumstance where a CB would play at one of the two deep Safety spots.

I think there's enough flexibility there already where we don't need to go this way.

....I'll check the formations and see which ones won't allow CB's to be subbed in.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 12:43 pm