Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRADING, SCOUTING AND FREE AGENCY GUIDELINES

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024

TRADING, SCOUTING AND FREE AGENCY GUIDELINES Empty TRADING, SCOUTING AND FREE AGENCY GUIDELINES

Post by chrebet1024

Trading
    Never offer a Trade "In Game" unless it is FIRST approved on the website.
    1. Trade must be POSTED on the website by 1 owner
    2. Trade must be accepted on the website by the other owner
    3. BOTH COMMISHES must APPROVE the trade on website
    4. Trade can THEN and only then be executed in game

Superstar Element
    ***We will ALWAYS be VERY TOUGH when "Superstar/Franchise" players are trying to be traded.  We all know who these guys are, so do not complain if a trade is declined based PURELY on a superstar being moved.  This is a default roster league and want the default rosters to be as pure, for as long as possible. Expiring contracts are we want to see moving around, not guys with 3-4-5 years left on their deals.

Trade Deadline Always Follows the Game Deadline
    --We will never allow a trade to go through by "dropping and signing" players because a team missed the deadline.  Everybody should assume the deadline is earlier than it actually is so you can avoid these situations.

Trade Cap and Rules
    Keep your cap penalties in a good working condition and all owners should be able to build their teams..  
    *Draft picks are NOT included in this count.
    *Any Player that was DRAFTED...CANNOT be traded until the next offseason...UNLESS he gets traded before his 1st EVER NFL GAME.  So when you draft a player, once you play your first game of the season, you then CANNOT trade him until next season.  This includes the INITIAL rookies for the first season of each new game.

Draft Pick Trading
    *All Rounds are allowed to be traded (But we will be very aware about guys trying to unload Rounds 5 through 7 to avoid Cap Hits when cutting crap Rookies.)
    *Max of 12 Draft Picks in a single draft
    *Allowed to trade Draft Picks during draft, NO PLAYERS THOUGH

***Draft Pick Trading DURING DRAFT will be handled on a year by year basis.  Each offseason schedule will reveal whether you'll be allowed that draft or not.
    ***When they are enabled though, we will be very critical on evaluating these trades AFTER THE FACT.  Make sure there will be no suspicions as to your motives, or punishments could be handed out.

***There are a handful of Members Of The Trade Council (Trade committee) -- we'll vote and then we will respond.  Once 2 approves or 1 veto happens, then action takes place on the trade.  NEVER make a trade or offer a trade in the game UNTIL IT IS APPROVED ON WEBSITE 1st.

Free Agency
    ***If you are found to be ABUSING the free agent process in ANY WAY, you will be removed from league ASAP.  If you aren't sure about the legitimacy of something, ask a Commish 1st before you take action.
    --One of these abuses comes when trying to manipulate the Salary Cap by "Cutting and Re-Signing" guys to a 1 year contract. 
    --Another example is OVERLOADING your bonus money towards the end of the Game (meaning one of the last seasons).  Be realistic when it comes to Free Agency.

*You are NOT allowed to SIGN A PLAYER the same week in which you CUT him. (except for during the offseason where the FA bidding period takes place, you must cut him so the player is in the initial FA pool)  

*Players signing 7,6,5, year deals need proof of picture they truly desire that lengthy termed contract, this goes for the Off Season Free Agent bidding as well

*Sign players to 4-year, 3-year, 2-year and 1-year contacts as you wish.

Scouting
    This is one area where anything goes. If you find a website with a list... basically anything you want to do to scout the EA draft classes goes. There is no way to monitor it and the better the guys are scouted the better.

Last edited by chrebet1024 on 12/2/2014, 8:02 pm; edited 21 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post 2/10/2014, 11:55 pm by chrebet1024

Trust Element
    While yes we do want our owners to be responsible for their own teams, at the same time the APPROVAL process will be strict.
    ***DO NOT EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT A VETO OF A TRADE.  You CAN point out facts and try to argue the point but please tread lightly.
    --The trust element comes down mainly when deal with STUD/STAR players.  It is ok if these guys are traded, BUT we want to make sure the owners involved with a trade of a STUD player is an owner who will be in the league for the long haul.  We will be very careful with the trades that involve stars.  Please understand going in.
    ***And a trade CAN be declined simply on the fact that the owner hasn't spent enough time with us yet.  There is no time minimum that qualifies an owner as "trust-worthy."  These will be done on a case by case basis.  The last thing we want is a new owner taking over a team that just lost it's stud player in a trade because the prior owner got booted or quit.
    chrebet1024

Post 3/22/2014, 2:45 pm by chrebet1024

Free Agency
    ***If you are found to be ABUSING the free agent process in ANY WAY, you will be removed from league ASAP.  If you aren't sure about the legitimacy of something, ask a Commish 1st before you take action.
    --One of these abuses comes when trying to manipulate the Salary Cap by "Cutting and Re-Signing" guys to a 1 year contract. 
    --Another example is OVERLOADING your bonus money towards the end of the Game (meaning one of the last seasons).  Be realistic when it comes to Free Agency.

*You are NOT allowed to SIGN A PLAYER the same week in which you CUT him.  
    *You can NOT have more than 5 players on a 7-year contract on your roster
    *You can NOT have more than 5 players on a 6-year contract on your roster
    *You can NOT have more than 10 players on a 5-year contact on your roster

***While the 1st Paragraph was always there....Those last 4 "Hard" Rules were just added during M25, so try to adhere to them now...we do understand some teams cannot fix that at this point.

Post 3/22/2014, 3:35 pm by titanbrian

Could we do 5, 7, 10, cuz if i had five 7's , then next year i would already have five 6's.
    chrebet1024

Post 3/22/2014, 4:52 pm by chrebet1024

Titan dont worry about it....I don't want guys go start tearing their team apart......I jus want guys to start thinking about it now. We will fully implement it for next game.
    chrebet1024

Post 5/4/2014, 1:24 pm by chrebet1024

UPDATED

*NOT Allowed to trade Draft Picks during draft...once trading is closed at 1 hour prior to draft...you CANNOT trade anymore until AFTER DRAFT ENDS.
    chrebet1024

Post 7/10/2014, 10:22 am by chrebet1024

UPDATED for M15.

Please note the trade max has switched from 4 to 2 and our free agency guidelines will be very strict.  Note that you cannot sign a player the same week in which u cut him.  This will take away the salary cap circumvention of cutting a guy and resigning him (with no chance of losing him) to save millions. 

The length of contract rules will be followed very closely as well.

Post 7/10/2014, 9:09 pm by titanbrian

Still would love to do a 5-7-10 split on those signings, for the same reasons i stated above.

Also there is soooooo much excitement when a guy you want is slipping in the draft and you try to trade up to get him. Sad you are just taking it away. Maybe Madden will do random drafts, and every pick will be a surprise.
    ddarrendd

Post 7/10/2014, 9:14 pm by ddarrendd

titanbrian wrote: Still would love to do a 5-7-10 split on those signings, for the same reasons i stated above.

Also there is soooooo much excitement when a guy you want is slipping in the draft and you try to trade up to get him. Sad you are just taking it away. Maybe Madden will do random drafts, and every pick will be a surprise.

I been hoping for random drafts for last two versions... maybe this is the year. I doubt it though... lol

Post 7/11/2014, 12:35 am by rascrush

man really think 2 players is just way to low. I know most season I had trouble with 4 now to cut that in half I just dont like it i think if anything it should be higher then 4 not cut in half
    Ra-fa_br

Post 7/11/2014, 6:40 am by Ra-fa_br

The Bucs irl couldnt trade Revis???? I like the rule
    chrebet1024

Post 7/11/2014, 8:10 am by chrebet1024

...most guys didnt even hit the max of 4...only one or two guys hit it.

If we stay committed to the free agency/salary cap rules....then its gonna work out nice.
    chrebet1024

Post 7/11/2014, 8:10 am by chrebet1024

...the fantasy league is still 4
    chrebet1024

Post 8/4/2014, 6:53 pm by chrebet1024

NOTE:

As far as M15 Rookies go....(Maziel, Clowney, etc.)...They CAN BE TRADED, but MUST happen BEFORE Your Week 1 game.  Once you play your first game, they CANNOT be traded until first offseason.

This follows the same guidelines as our Rookie Trade Rules.
    chrebet1024

Post 9/17/2014, 7:55 pm by chrebet1024

Updated

We will Draft ALL 7 Rounds.

Draft Pick Trading
    *All Rounds are allowed to be traded (But we will be very aware about guys trying to unload Rounds 5 through 7 to avoid Cap Hits when cutting crap Rookies.)
    *Allowed to trade Draft Picks during draft, NO PLAYERS THOUGH...once trading is closed at 1 hour prior to draft...you CANNOT trade players anymore until AFTER DRAFT ENDS.

***Also note our Free Agency Guidelines.
    chrebet1024

Post 10/13/2014, 10:47 pm by chrebet1024

REMEMBER what our FA guidelines are:

Free Agency

*You are NOT allowed to SIGN A PLAYER the same week in which you CUT him.  
    *You can NOT have more than 2 players on a 7-year contract on your roster
    *You can NOT have more than 3 players on a 6-year contract on your roster
    *You can NOT have more than 5 players on a 5-year contact on your roster
    *You can NOT have more than 10 players on a 4-year contract on your roster
    *Sign players to 3-year, 2-year and 1-year contacts as you wish.

Last edited by chrebet1024 on 10/14/2014, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post 10/14/2014, 8:35 am by titanbrian

4 year contracts should be 10
    tony87blue

Post 10/14/2014, 9:15 am by tony87blue

i can understand trying to keep the long term contracts under a certain number, however, 4 and 5 yr contracts are a lot more common and if my players are asking for those type of deals i'm going to give it to them and not risk losing them because of this silly rule.

Post 10/14/2014, 10:10 am by Fjd42

Yea I feel like 4 year contracts should be more
    BurntCabbage

Post 10/14/2014, 10:26 am by BurntCabbage

Agreed.  Both my HB's asked for 4 year deals.  It may be a common thing for decent players at resign time.
    chrebet1024

Post 10/14/2014, 10:33 am by chrebet1024

OK let's raise that.
    chrebet1024

Post 10/14/2014, 10:34 am by chrebet1024

Updated to 10 player max on 4 year deal.
    chrebet1024

Post 12/2/2014, 8:03 pm by chrebet1024

***Cleared up the "1 hour prior to draft" time period as it relates to trading....

Draft Pick Trading
    *Allowed to trade Draft Picks during draft, NO PLAYERS THOUGH
    *In fact, ALL TRADES (Players and Draft Picks) are DISABLED once we hit "1 hour prior to draft"
    --Once draft starts, you may trade "picks only" at free will, IF ALLOWED FOR THAT PARTICULAR DRAFT
    *You may execute any trades "in-game" during this "1 hour period" prior to draft that were already approved on the site.  When we say they're disabled during that 1 hour period, it means no NEW POSTED TRADES.

***Draft Pick Trading DURING DRAFT will be handled on a year by year basis.  Each offseason schedule will reveal whether you'll be allowed that draft or not.
    ***When they are enabled though, we will be very critical on evaluating these trades AFTER THE FACT.  Make sure there will be no suspicions as to your motives, or punishments could be handed out.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:26 am