Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Snap OPINIONS

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024

Quick Snap OPINIONS Empty Quick Snap OPINIONS

Post by chrebet1024

...was discussing this with zeemen earlier and wanted to throw it out there to the league to see what guys think about this topic.

The QUICK SNAP.

A lot of guys do it, they prefer it instead of taking their time at the line of scrimmage.  It's an obvious strategy that hopes to NOT allow the defense to make all their adjustments and get ready for that play.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?  Do you think this is an UN-SIM practice?

.....me personally I don't do it much.  Sometimes I'll do it on a short yardage run play....but I prefer to hot route my offense or at least give the appearance of a pass play even if its a run.

Point is this.....do you guys think doing the QUICK SNAP all game is Un-SIM?  Do you think it's only un-sim if you do it EVERY PLAY?  Or is it unsim to just do it once?

I think if a guy wants to quick snap every play then that a perfectly sound strategy.  It gives him the same amount of time as the Defense to make adjustments.

....back in the good old days of head to head madden you'd have your opponent in the room and out of courtesy the offense wouldn't snap the ball until the defense says "READY" because it was much more difficult to select the player you wanted to control at the snap.  But those days are over, NO?

...curious to see what the league thinks.

NFL Road teams sometimes use the SILENT COUNT ALL GAME, EVERY PLAY if they are playing in a hostile environment.  So they are acting UN-SIM because they are using the SAME cadence every play?

I don't think it's a question of SIM vs UNSIM, I think its a question of STRATEGY, and if you are hurting yourself by NOT mixing up your "Time at the Line of Scrimmage."

.....interesting discussion.
    Share this post on: reddit

Post 1/1/2014, 8:35 pm by Spurdaddy_24

I don't think its a problem. Then again I don't make that many adjustments to my defense.

Post 1/1/2014, 8:39 pm by SDchargers373

I think it's all good. It's a legit football strategy that smart qbs use all the time to catch defenses that are slacking or playing lax. Same in madden. If u not ready for a fast paced offense that's ur own fault.

Post 1/1/2014, 9:14 pm by titanbrian

If you have to make a bunch of adjustments every play, then you need different plays!
    deathbyeagle

Post 1/1/2014, 9:25 pm by deathbyeagle

I personally hate quick snappers but I deal with it. lately if I get one i repay them the favor and do my chip kelly mode which runs people to the line after the huddle break and quick snap them even faster. Give them a taste of there own medicine to see how they like it. Smile
    chrebet1024

Post 1/1/2014, 9:45 pm by chrebet1024

yeah I'm not a quick snap guy myself....but my feeling is there is no "un-sim" nature to it....just a strategy one can employ if they choose to.

some guys feel it is UN-SIM....I think that is taking SIM too far if you feel that way.

....but hey, that's why this league has a forum and a voice for every owner....and that's why nobody's opinion is the gospel on SIM.

....point it...all or any of these TYPES of discussions can be posted and talked about freely amongst all of us.

Post Post Post.
    BurntCabbage

Post 1/1/2014, 10:03 pm by BurntCabbage

I do make defensive adjustments based on what I see the offense come out in, so I personally hate playing a quick snapper. One thing i notice about a quick snapper tho, they mostly are predictable on offense, so I typically can make my adjustments real fast on D after a little while. One thing I hate, (and I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is still in the game) is when you press X one too many times and pass up the defender you want to select, you have to cycle through all the defense to get back to him. I used to be able to hit O and go back to the previous defender, but i believe that control is not there anymore. Anyway, selecting defenders against a quick snapper can be a bitch, but i'm usually able to adjust my D effectively. Unsim, maybe not......but it may make me think your a cheeseball madden player and i may hate playing you.
    chrebet1024

Post 1/1/2014, 11:12 pm by chrebet1024

I just hold CIRCLE and toggle with left joystick to get the defender I want.

Post 1/2/2014, 6:59 am by omgahamsandwich

I think quick snapping all game is incredibly lame. No doubt every now and again you probably should do it, like tom brady will do it sometimes on a qb sneak, but ALL game like some people do, is waaaay cheese
    chrebet1024

Post 1/2/2014, 7:41 am by chrebet1024

....yeah in would agree too that doing it every play all game is rough. A fine strategy to use...but if ur doing it every play? ....that goes back to our main simnrule..."never abuse any 1 thing too much."
    ddarrendd

Post 1/2/2014, 8:02 am by ddarrendd

Almost everyone I have played has gave like 3-6 seconds before hiking. I have not played anyone who just got to line and hiked immediately all game so don't really see a problem. I think its a fair tactic to use when a defense comes out in a questionable formation for sure.

Post 1/2/2014, 12:58 pm by Qn0sis

Quick snapping is no more "unsim" then the guys that call an entirely new play with hot routes. Guys should be selecting a defense that matches the offensive personnel so it really shouldnt take long to set your defense.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 11:45 pm