Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ratings boost

titanbrian

ratings boost Empty ratings boost

Post by titanbrian

At the start of league we were discussing the different ratings for players and should any of them get caps. We talked about limiting speed or throw power, and ended up with a no restriction resolution.

By year end i think run block for WR's was an issue. Madden 15 could have the same overpowered running to the outside, and then I'd want to limit WR run block somehow. Madden could have a new overpowered mechanic that only a few of us figure out early, exploit it, and the rest of us are left behind.

A possible solution is for our owners to post what they are building with their xp.

Either posting every time a player passes a threshold like 80 and 90, or at beginning of season state your overall strategy, and again whenever it changes.

Example: DT, once my AWR hits 80, I'll only use XP on BSH.

Or : i just spend on the cheapest ratings first building my RB evenly across the board.

or a threshold example would be: today my WR hit 70 RBK and my ROLB hit 90 STR.

Having one guy policing the ratings would be a challenge, but working some sort of idea like this might help

Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post 7/27/2014, 9:47 am by chrebet1024

Brian....keep posting this stuff.  Anytime something comes to you...post it up.

We gotta see how the XP will look for M15.  Very difficult to monitor XP for every player in the game.
    chrebet1024

Post 7/27/2014, 9:53 am by chrebet1024

If anything was implemented....it would probably have to be a opinion based "detrimental to league" XP rule.

For example the run blocking for WRs in m25.  Very difficult thing to do.  Each game has its own personality and trends....and just like NFL teams "use" the rules to their advantage (pass happy now, RBs are less valuable BC of rules)....madden players will do the same thing based on rules and gameplay for that specific game.  It is the most basic and simplistic principle of competition.

Post 7/27/2014, 11:51 am by Zeemen

Good luck with that 1600 players in the league and to monitor how they are growing and shat about the regression. I think sometimes some are that bored where they are over thinking the nothing that is building a team. Like I said before, we are heading towards nascar territory where every car has to be built the same. At some point we have to play the game and that's it. I love watching another owner build his team different from mine then we play it out his built roster against mine. I'm not going to say some restrictions would be a bad thing but at what point are you over thinking shit. Look at the rookies madden gave us this year the cbs were safties slow but 90 tackle and 88 hit power. I'd say we shouldn't build a cb line that bc it's not real but then again that is what madden have us.
    Ra-fa_br

Post 7/27/2014, 2:46 pm by Ra-fa_br

I still think allowing FB's to play TE is not the right thing to do. It's easy to make a blocking fullback, easiest position in the game to boost up. A blocking TE takes much more time.

3 TE' s required for a team, once regular season starts I'm going to see how many nfl teams carry less than 2

Post 7/27/2014, 3:58 pm by Pkmn93

press coverage?
    ddarrendd

Post 7/27/2014, 4:24 pm by ddarrendd

I think however a person spends their xp is up to them no restrictions is the way to go in my opinion.

Post 7/27/2014, 4:39 pm by ClaxTKE

ddarrendd wrote:I think however a person spends their xp is up to them no restrictions is the way to go in my opinion.

I agree.

I think that it's important in Madden to emphasize what it is that counters what other teams are doing. Like in the real NFL there will be trends and fads, it's just important to build your squad to attempt to combat them.

Post 7/27/2014, 4:56 pm by Zeemen

Exactly , teams in their own divisions do it all the time. Build to win against their division opponents. If I but a wr high in 3 ratings then that means I'll be lacking in other areas so you can't have or pay fir all 99 over players. Cap won't allow it plus you can only accumulate so much xp to spend on what u want it will never be enough to fill a guy completely.

Post 7/27/2014, 5:10 pm by tampamountaineer

I think were getting too rule and restriction happy....do i like it when i know if a hb gets around the corner, theyre gone cause the wrs have 90 rbk? no.....but the overall sense im getting is that between the broadcasting, the scouting, posting start times, being on the boards, being on the chat, regulating xp, etc., im fearful this going to become more of a work type feel....dont want people feeling like they have to get their Madden stuff "out of the way" before the end of a night....Some of the stuff is good...but all of the stuff in its entirety? Becoming a bit overwhelming...
    Ra-fa_br

Post 7/27/2014, 8:24 pm by Ra-fa_br

Zee talking cap, made my Sunday night...
    The Natural

Post 7/27/2014, 9:00 pm by The Natural

We are already told how we can "build" our teams. Can you place a blazing WR at TE? No. Can you sub an olineman at TE for crazy RB? No. Can you play an LB at DE and drop him into cov-...uh...ok well forget that one.

My point is restricting rosters is no different than restricting XP. It's not harder to police either, unless they start making ratings invisible. Check roster, does that player have a higher stat than allowed? Ok ban for the season.

I'm not for banning XP in general but some things we have found out will break the game. Last year you couldn't increase your WR RBK so it wasn't an issue but they changed that this year. Next year it might be something different so policing ratings should be on the table as an option at least.
    chrebet1024

Post 7/27/2014, 9:03 pm by chrebet1024

Like most things...there is always a happy medium.

Let's admit one thing...the outside running in M25 was absurd, and the evidence of that is way to easy to point out as a handful of teams DID boost WR run blocking and CB block shedding.

So, we'll see.
    BurntCabbage

Post 7/27/2014, 10:07 pm by BurntCabbage

titanbrian wrote:Madden could have a new overpowered mechanic that only a few of us figure out early, exploit it, and the rest of us are left behind.

Bingo! And owners like Zeemen will lab endlessly till said overpowered mechanic is found.....

Absolutely we should ban xp overpadding in certain areas. I sure wish we did last year before zeemen built a team full of vincent jacksons. Complete bullshit and always was....

I honestly feel the owners who built on WR run block this year are cheese. Wasnt nobody doing it before this year, lol. Fucking cheeseballs!

Post 7/28/2014, 7:28 am by Zeemen

Funny cabbage how the wr I drafted that madden made came out with 78 run block. Also dies having wr run block win championships. Um no it diesnt. Also go look I don't have the highest wr run block in this league go look. So before you say something u should get the facts right. Also I don't lab more then others here. So instead of just saying my name why don't ya put others names in their. It's also funny I get hit up fir constant advice every year cabbage and you bing one if the biggest ones so don't say zee shouldn't lab znd figure shit out but then want to talk about what I know. C'mon man this shit is funny. Oh and ra FA about the cap. I don't think I've ever played a game in the negative. Have you?
    Yeah Dog

Post 7/28/2014, 9:55 am by Yeah Dog

I can certainly see both sides to this argument. This is a very fine line to walk and will need a lot of thought and consideration before implementation of any type of controls. My pause comes from the unintended consequences that could arise from implementing an XP rule on certain positions and attributes. If a XP rule is put into place - and we are not very careful with how it is done - the League could eventually become 32 teams with very similar squads and attributes across the board - due to the fact that we are limited on how we can progress our teams/players. A lot of guys build their teams based off their divisions strengths which in my opininion helps bring some parity to the style of different teams / divisions. I would hate to see a League where majority of the teams are built to the point of everyone playing the same style of Offense and Defense just because of the fact that all of our individual players began to look identical on paper.
    tony87blue

Post 7/28/2014, 10:34 am by tony87blue

Zeemen wrote:Oh and ra FA about the cap. I don't think I've ever played a game in the negative. Have you?

i dont know the answer to that question...however, who attempted to play a season with 38 players on their roster?

very sim right? Wink
    tony87blue

Post 7/28/2014, 10:41 am by tony87blue

the argument about allowing us to build our players to a certain scheme is a big load of BS imo.

the fact is that once someone finds something to take advantage of, whether it's RBK WRs or press cov CBs, EVERYONE starts to do the same thing!

some people find things earlier than others and that has more to do with labbing and/or being active in chat/forum during discussions of said topics and then there's the people that may never know. however, in the end, you can almost guarantee that the majority of the playoff owners have very similar built teams.

so let's cut the building teams bs in regards to XP.

rosters however is a completely different story because not all players fit the different schemes we try to create.
    bu11ze1

Post 7/28/2014, 10:43 am by bu11ze1

This thread is full of win

Post 7/28/2014, 11:44 am by titanbrian

My point of this discussion wasn't to put caps on xp, but to make everyone aware of what's going on.

I think if every team was built the same = bad.

I think if there was more info of what teams are doing, that could help lesser players be better = good.

Ra-fa_br

Post 7/28/2014, 2:27 pm by Ra-fa_br

I had negative funds because I started in Carolina halfway through a season. My FUNDS were negative, this is the first season I've had a team within 5 mil of the cap, I've bounced around teams and I wasn't able to build up my funds, so I never could spend to the cap.

Not sure if that's what you meant, but that's how it read.

38 players, told to fill his roster and had 4 kickers...

Everything is awesome

Post 7/28/2014, 2:49 pm by titanbrian

What if we do cap the XP like this:

I think the highest run block WR in Madden has 74 RBK, so no WR can go over 74.

Most attributes you can find a guy with 99, so most traits would be able to max out. I think the fastest guy next year is 98, so we couldn't make another player have higher speed than the fastest guy. That sound sorta sim to me.
    tony87blue

Post 7/28/2014, 2:54 pm by tony87blue

titanbrian wrote: What if we do cap the XP like this:

I think the highest run block WR in Madden has 74 RBK, so no WR can go over 74.

Most attributes you can find a guy with 99, so most traits would be able to max out. I think the fastest guy next year is 98, so we couldn't make another player have higher speed than the fastest guy. That sound sorta sim to me.

putting a cap on any attribute is a mistake.

your example wont work because of the incoming rookies after the 1st season.

plain and simple, if you want to put a stop to things being abused then you have to outright ban it altogether. if you dont want people making their players faster....ban using xp on speed attribute.

another thing, with a new madden comes a different set of issues. we will not know what's "wrong" until we're playing the game. good discussion but no need to specify or make changes based on m25.

Post 7/28/2014, 3:01 pm by Zeemen

Titan it's hard to cap a wr when rookie wrs come out at 78 run block. That was my point earlier is that yr trying to cap something that madden is giving u a higher rating in already. Its just is kinda not going to make a ton of sense.

Post 7/28/2014, 3:08 pm by tampamountaineer

The onus is on the developers to make wr rbk too difficult to build up....if the option is too expensive, problem solved

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 11:11 am