Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preseason Injuries ON

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024

Preseason Injuries ON - Page 2 Empty Preseason Injuries ON

Post by chrebet1024

Alright guys we need some feedback. For those who've been here for awhile, you know we've been talking about this and thinking about implementing it for a while. What do you think about leaving injuries on during the preseason Sim?

Consider a few things:

--injuries in Madden are garbage. There are usually not enough, and when we turn the slider up to create more, it feels out of whack as there then becomes too many stoppages of play with little injuries. Very tough to find that "sweet spot" with the slider.

--as the salary cap is concerned...many guys use most of their money on their stars or their starters, and then they pick up absolute garbage of the waiver wire, fully realizing that they'll never play. Turning injuries on during preseason will force guys to make sure they care about how deep their team is and spread the money out more for those last 20 guys on the team. It will also make guys think twice about putting starters on special teams.

--and the excuse of I want injuries to only happen when I play...or I want to control injuries doesn't fly. They are very random at times...and it would be pretty damn challenging and nice to be faced with those uncontrollable situations...just like real life teams face every august.

It looks like we are gonna do this...unless somebody can convince us otherwise. Let's hear it.
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post 8/21/2014, 2:23 pm by chrebet1024

Definitely true...which is why we will probably open up "dropping of players" starting Thurs night.

You know what?  Maybe we should try to squeeze this night in on Thursday instead.

Was wondering how many complaints I'd get for Friday night.

Post 8/21/2014, 5:05 pm by ClaxTKE

I support preseason injuries on IF the AI play the 1s 2s and 3s appropriately. EX: 1s only in for a drive or so in the first game and then 3 quarters for 3rd game.

Post 8/21/2014, 9:40 pm by titanbrian

Or we can deal with this season two. First season can be spent adjusting sliders to give us realistic #'s.
    ddarrendd

Post 8/22/2014, 7:46 am by ddarrendd

Im good with preseason injuries on. I will probably regret that when Bradford re tears his ACL in preseason week 4 lol
    slicksilverman

Post 8/22/2014, 2:55 pm by slicksilverman

I agree with the points made here for injuries on. At first I was completely against it, being that I was on the ass end of the preseason injuries being on(Robert Quinn went from his amazing speed/acc to lowly 80s). After thinking about it for awhile I'm not even able to find a reason to not go with preseason injuries on. When it comes down to it, its random. Although, it does suck to have to force guys to build a full team when that is what we should all be doing anyway. I also think implementing this might weed out the bad owners that come in faster. I can monitor my division's depth charts during the preseason and lookout for shenanigans.
    chrebet1024

Post 8/22/2014, 4:43 pm by chrebet1024

..yes...great points.

Post 8/22/2014, 6:27 pm by Pkmn93

AAAAGH.
    DO whatever, just please overlook Blake Bortles if, he is injured lol
    deathbyeagle

Post 8/23/2014, 12:13 pm by deathbyeagle

I would say give season 1 as a test season for everything. I would then add preseason injs in season 2. This will allow people to build depth for their team through the draft, FA etc. By then we should have sliders etc in place as well.

Without seeing how the game has changed, sliders, injs etc its very diff to just throw slider adj and injs around.
    Yeah Dog

Post 8/23/2014, 12:38 pm by Yeah Dog

DBE makes a valid point - maybe turn on injuries start g season 2 kinda makes sense

Post 8/23/2014, 12:41 pm by titanbrian

--and the excuse of I want injuries to only happen when I play...or I want to control injuries doesn't fly.  They are very random at times...and it would be pretty damn challenging and nice to be faced with those uncontrollable situations...just like real life teams face every august.[/quote]

Why doesn't that fly? Teams hold back high injury risk guys in August all the time. Madden shows me the high injury guys, but you take away my option to limit their play time. Limiting play time of my high risk guys was a very fun, realistic thing to do that you will rob from me by the cpu controlling my team. You might be able to get the sliders right in Madden 15, you might not even have to touch the sliders in Madden 15!

Lets play a season first in Madden 15, before implementing rules that are geared toward Madden 25.
    bbw6506

Post 8/23/2014, 8:57 pm by bbw6506

chrebet1024 wrote:Alright guys we need some feedback.  For those who've been here for awhile, you know we've been talking about this and thinking about implementing it for a while.  What do you think about leaving injuries on during the preseason Sim?

Consider a few things:

--injuries in Madden are garbage.  There are usually not enough, and when we turn the slider up to create more, it feels out of whack as there then becomes too many stoppages of play with little injuries.  Very tough to find that "sweet spot" with the slider.

--as the salary cap is concerned...many guys use most of their money on their stars or their starters, and then they pick up absolute garbage of the waiver wire, fully realizing that they'll never play.  Turning injuries on during preseason will force guys to make sure they care about how deep their team is and spread the money out more for those last 20 guys on the team.  It will also make guys think twice about putting starters on special teams.

--and the excuse of I want injuries to only happen when I play...or I want to control injuries doesn't fly.  They are very random at times...and it would be pretty damn challenging and nice to be faced with those uncontrollable situations...just like real life teams face every august.

It looks like we are gonna do this...unless somebody can convince us otherwise.  Let's hear it.

All the reason you listed to implement this rule is correct however it does not make sense since players can't build their team in the first season, so implementing it for the 2nd season would give guy enough notice to build their teams to handle a loss of a star player.
    bu11ze1

Post 8/23/2014, 11:37 pm by bu11ze1

How bout a compromise for realism purposes. Its week 3 preseason aka "dress rehearsal". Starters play a majority of this game every year...keep em off for all weeks cept preseason week 3 turn em on.
    chrebet1024

Post 8/24/2014, 10:34 am by chrebet1024

bu11ze1 wrote:How bout a compromise for realism purposes.  Its week 3 preseason aka "dress rehearsal".  Starters play a majority of this game every year...keep em off for all weeks cept preseason week 3 turn em on.

Not a bad freaking idea right there....that's what I'm talking about.

Let's do Week's 2 and 3.
    chrebet1024

Post 8/24/2014, 10:46 am by chrebet1024

With Madden NOT handling playing time very well during the preseason....that's a perfect idea.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 5:17 pm