Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplay Issues brought to attention

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024

Gameplay Issues brought to attention  Empty Gameplay Issues brought to attention

Post by chrebet1024

Alright so everybody knows what the procedure is.  If you have a complaint about another owner, you must post it on the forum.  We want to be able to discuss these issues in an OPEN forum where the entire league's opinion matters, and not just one or two people.  GroupMe might only have a few owners on at the moment, it is not the official voice of what's right and wrong.

JBell brought my attention to this this morning.  He felt is was unfair to look at zeemen's game (bears and fins) and not look at the Bengals / Ravens last game.  My response was this....you gotta bring it to our attention for us to look at it sometimes.  Everything will NOT be caught as far as what's right or wrong in your eyes.

Having that said that...here's the situation:

In a 45-14 blowout by the Bears...Cabbage brought up the issue of why zeemen passed the ball 31 times and only ran it 25 in such a blowout.  And why Marshall caught 15 balls for 230 yards and 3 TD's in such a blowout.  15 catches on only 20 total completions by his QBs.  I just don't know how you could have more passes than runs in a 45-14 blowout.  It's beyond me.

This is a prime example of a commish looking out for XP concerns.  Everybody knows, blowouts are targets when looking at boxscores...and especially with this game being so tough to gain XP, it's gonna be scrutinized more.

Bears vs Dolphins Boxscore
    Check out the boxscore and let us know what you think.

For the Ravens Bengals game...JBell is upset because Pitta caught 11 balls for over 150 yards and a TD on 20 total completions, 32 attempts I think.  This game was a final of 21-17.  He also brought up the fact that the Bengals only ran the ball 12 times, which I think only hurts the Ravens chances and is not shady in the least in such a close game where his run game was getting shut down.

This game was close.  My response to him was post it on the forum, and I'll watch the game later tonight.  There is  MAJOR difference between blowouts and close games when determining abuse through looking at boxscores.

Ravens vs Bengals Boxscore
    Here's the boxscore of this game.

Any feedback would be appreciated...and JBell I'm gonna be viewing both gamestonight.
    Share this post on: reddit

tony87blue

Post 9/16/2014, 11:09 am by tony87blue

Mia vs Chi:
    15 rec 230 yds 3 td vs CPU should never happen!! plain and simple....
    look at Marshall's game logs and it is seems that there's some sort of "abuse" of plays or routes going on in Chicago to Marshall.

Cin vs Bal:
    Game was close, you'd think there would be more balance from the winning team but i dont see an issue with being pass heavy especially since R. Rice had 27 yds on 11 carries (2.5ypc). Ravens had to adjust his gameplan and go with what was working, can't fault him for abandoning the run game. Pitta had a huge game however look at his game logs and this is only his 3rd game with over 80yds receiving and only game with more than 6 receptions. imo it looks like he exposed the Bengals defense and Bengals owner didnt do enough to get him covered. 4 other players also caught 9 combined out of the 20 total so there was "balance" in the pass game as well imo.
    Fallen2244

Post 9/16/2014, 11:12 am by Fallen2244

I think Zeemen should be suspended for two games, need to get the message across to this guy.

Post 9/16/2014, 11:30 am by Zeemen

Well my game was replicated against the dolphins owner where I had 12 catches 3 Tds at halftime. Then my opponent was kicked for excessive grieving. So my great game I had going gets nullified for excessive grieving? Not sure how that is fair but thanks for asking me what actually happened before posting. It be nice to get the facts right but that's how it goes. Wr Marshall was benched at half never played in 3rd and 4 th quarter. Again I should have to pull my guy ? No but I do. Sorry I shouldn't match up my best wr on the weakest cb without the other guy changing. Your right that is wrong to do. They would never do that in the nfl. Try running with wake on one side Jordan on the other and Starks on the middle. Ya I did 7 carries 12 yards. Hmmm maybe if I throw it against the weak secondary I can move then ball. That was just a thought. I really hope no one else here takes advantage of a weakness in the D. It's better to go at their strengths. I have the 2'nd best wr in all of madden. U bet I'm going to him 10-17 times a game. With Jeffries gone he is me guy. Oh and I also get 109 yards a game rushing. My bad.

Post 9/16/2014, 11:32 am by Zeemen

Fallen get the actual facts of what went on bro then say what u wish. Basically the next game someone is going off I can get kicked for excessive grieving (not hard to do) and well the game gets replayed or a CPU game happens. We really are going to go down that road.
    bu11ze1

Post 9/16/2014, 11:35 am by bu11ze1

The stats, the excuse, the fact you are in the crosshairs again... All ridiculous.
    tony87blue

Post 9/16/2014, 11:59 am by tony87blue

do the rules state that ALL stats are required to be replicated in the event of a disconnect? my backup DE had a sack, my MLB had an int, my backup HB had a TD, my 4th WR had 100 yards receiving.....I'M GOING TO GET MY STATS BACK!!!
    chrebet1024

Post 9/16/2014, 12:31 pm by chrebet1024

...let's all discuss this in a mature manner without going over the top.

As for Bengals / ravens...to me, on the surface, there is nothing wrong with it.  BUT I have to check the gameplay and see what cincy was calling on defense.  Also, check to see how pitta stacks up against other WRs on his team for yearly stats.

Is this a one game occurence for Rx?  Is it a trend? ...or was hr just taking advantage of a soft middle of the defense in this one game?

It could be nitpicking...maybe not.  Gotta look at the video.  How many times was he targeted?

The purpose of putting this stuff on the forum is to determine what is a legitimate complaint and what is nitpicking....trying ti eliminate those unneccesary complaints.....over thinking complaints (which happens far too often).

...the main thing I see with the bears game is the run/pass ratio being 32-25 on a blowout.  How could there be more passes than runs in a game like that?

Kudos to him for subbing backups in...but I really don't get that ratio.
    tony87blue

Post 9/16/2014, 12:45 pm by tony87blue

sorry chreb, didnt mean to go over the top. was just using his logic in regards to talking about how he had those stats previously.

but in regards to that game, you say kudos for him subbing him out? so you're ok with 15 rec 230 yds 3 td in 2 qtrs of a cpu game? a cpu game.....let that sink in
    Yeah Dog

Post 9/16/2014, 12:54 pm by Yeah Dog

I like how bull says ridiculous with a lisp...

Post 9/16/2014, 1:00 pm by j_bell12

Just to be clear, in particular to Rx. I wasn't exactly bitching or complaining in the manner you are thinking. I understand his run game was getting stuffed. I was more referring to the fact that Rx ran 12 times total. Pitta had 11 receptions. And I can see your point Tony. To be honest, I was misunderstanding the close game/blowout rule so to say.... I now understand that in a close game, there really are no rules. Strategy is do whatever it takes to win! Right? So it's on me, not Rx. Tony is right, I didn't adjust my D correctly to take the middle of the field away.... But with that being said, shouldn't people be adjusting to shut down Marshall too? You know it's coming when you play Zee! Shouldn't his gameplan and strategy be to take what's given? Or is the complaint about one game? I'm not taking sides here either guys.... It's been made clear to take what's given. It's near the midpoint of the season and zee has taken what's given correct? Think about it, if you cant stop someones running game should the person be forced to run with someone else? No. If you can't stop Marshall like I couldn't Pitta, should you be forced to look elsewhere? Idk What is the rightanswer here fellas?
    tony87blue

Post 9/16/2014, 1:42 pm by tony87blue

didnt mean to call you out jbell, was just an assumption looking at Pitta's season stats. it doesnt look like rx goes to Pitta like that every game but more so looked like he just found a weakness in your D so he exploited it.

as far as Marshall goes, i'd generally agree with you that it's on us to stop him. but we're talking about a cpu game here.....

i'm looking forward to trying to defend marshall come week 12, some have been able to contain him better than others. but it still does seem like zeemen is exploiting a play or route when marshall has more rec and yards than the next 3 players combined on the bears team
    Fallen2244

Post 9/16/2014, 1:52 pm by Fallen2244

In a 45-14 blowout by the Bears...Cabbage brought up the issue of why zeemen passed the ball 31 times and only ran it 25 in such a blowout. And why Marshall caught 15 balls for 230 yards and 3 TD's in such a blowout. 15 catches on only 20 total completions by his QBs. I just don't know how you could have more passes than runs in a 45-14 blowout. It's beyond me. ----------------------------------------------->
    This was against the cpu, and whether you had these stats before or not doesn't matter. You clearly cheesed the stats/gameplay, which sets precidence for others to think it is okay. Aren't you supposed to be a 'veteran' of the league pulling this crap? Setting a real bad example for a sim league, and your long history of pulling these stunts doesn't make the matter any better. One day all of the 'excuses' aren't going to matter.. I mean didn't you get suspended for cutting players? Couldn't even read properly, guess the same thing happened here when you didn't read the gameplay rules. I say that a suspension needs to happen, otherwise it allows others to look at this as an example to get away with this kind of stuff.

As for the ravens game, it was very close, so I say that one the discussion is far less warranted than zee's game with the dolphins..

Post 9/16/2014, 2:05 pm by j_bell12

tony87blue wrote:didnt mean to call you out jbell, was just an assumption looking at Pitta's season stats. it doesnt look like rx goes to Pitta like that every game but more so looked like he just found a weakness in your D so he exploited it.

as far as Marshall goes, i'd generally agree with you that it's on us to stop him. but we're talking about a cpu game here.....

i'm looking forward to trying to defend marshall come week 12, some have been able to contain him better than others. but it still does seem like zeemen is exploiting a play or route when marshall has more rec and yards than the next 3 players combined on the bears team

No worries bud. I didn't think you were calling me out. I wasn't calling out Rx. I was just looking for clarification more less. It was a great game that I lost because of a lame ass fumble under 2 mins...lol I might have won if not for that... A first down away.. But I appreciate the feedback. Any advice offered is always a welcome thing!

Post 9/16/2014, 2:18 pm by shooter8175

Note to self
    Next CPU game throw to streeter 15 times innthe first half
    Bench him in half 2 and it's ok
    Awesome way to get xp
    Thanks zee

Post 9/16/2014, 2:27 pm by RxDispenser

Just wanted to jump in here and clarify a few things......it wasn't my intention for Pitta to have those kind of numbers. I wasn't getting much with the run in this game and Joe Flacco got hurt which took away in my mind a lot of throws to covered receivers and moved into more of a check down mind set. I don't fully remember the game I'd have to go back and look at it but I think most of Pitta's catches were made on 3rd down or audibled him bc I saw something in defense. For the most part I believe I have spread the ball out up until now. As for me running the ball 12 times.....I think I would've tried to run more had I not been stopped and jbell running well and killing a ton of clock throughout the game.....if we go back to time of possession it should reflect that.

Post 9/16/2014, 2:50 pm by Zeemen

Careful bu11 I just got a call where someone has a problem with yr online plays that you said you look up then on 3-4 3'rd downs those same plays came out each time for first downs. Again I'm not there so I don't get on and jump on ya so maybe figure out how the game is played out if you are not there. Hard to act like you are so pure when there are a few things of your game play going around.

As fir. 32 passed 25 runs or whatever hard to not see the balance there. I can find countless games where that ratio is not close and in games not close. Damage was done in first half. Both wr and qb where taken out.
    tony87blue

Post 9/16/2014, 2:57 pm by tony87blue

telling us that the majority of your passing was done in the 1st half doesnt make things any better....just makes it look worse than it already is Wink
    bu11ze1

Post 9/16/2014, 3:04 pm by bu11ze1

ratio isn't important, 15 of 21 passes to 1 player especially versus the cpu however, is. And zee, don't ever attempt to warn someone about their gameplay, it's irony at it's finest.

Post 9/16/2014, 4:06 pm by Helldawg66

Rx USED to go to tightend all the time like that purposely but as he had more seasons in 25 he adapted his playbook finally. A few of us gave him some run plays last madden to us so he started to finally incorporate it.. If he gets desperate or the run game doesn't work he goes to deep passing more than short passing, but he does vary what receiver it is usually...routes are hit or miss in terms of variation but he doesn't intentionally target 1 guy. Before he did because he had Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd on the Cards, but with the Ravens he gets that he can't just keep throwing up to Torrey and expect a big catch in traffic or spectacular catch all the time. He just plays to the strength of his personnel. He's fine. Count this as a 1game occurence or watch our game cuz we'll probably play after advance tonight. Moving personnel is not an issue but against a cpu that way for the entire game is kinda bullshit like how in practice mode last madden you could simply throw overpowered routes or screens and get the automatic 2k xp for everyone because the cpu couldn't stop it. Cpu doesn't do sub packages like actual players, and just because you have good stats like that against a player doesn't justify spamming the same playtypes to replicate the stats against a cpu. shit happens.

A #1 receiver in the slot shouldn't be a problem if it's not abused. There are many good receivers who are slot receivers mostly (like welker and cobb) The low running numbers suggest shitty run playcalling because outside runs aren't overpowered like tehy used to be. You have to actually watch where the defenders are lined up for runs now. Marshall having a dozen catches and 3 tds in a half is fucking ridiculous though. Subbing a guy in the slot now and then or a few plays is one thing but exclusively like that is a bit ridiculous from what's being said on here. My disclaimer is I haven't seen the tape I'm just going off what's being said.
    bu11ze1

Post 9/16/2014, 5:29 pm by bu11ze1

Mefl : "hey zee cut the bullshit out and also why did Marshall need 15 catches vs a cpu opponent in a blowout?"

Zee : " well bu11 used a play that is on youtube to get a first down in his game"

Pretty standard zee response, should we go with that one or this one "well, I had a lot of catches vs human so those stats shouldn't go to waste, also cpu wasn't smart enough to match my best wr in the slot so I took advantage".

Never learn do you, I can't believe you are actually attempting to defend your filth. Never learns, will never learn....the cycle continues
    bu11ze1

Post 9/16/2014, 5:33 pm by bu11ze1

Game has been out 3 weeks and this will be your....third suspension? Going for a record or something?
    tony87blue

Post 9/16/2014, 5:35 pm by tony87blue

mefl cant matchup with masterzee....he's going to take advantage until we learn a way to stop him Wink
    Yeah Dog

Post 9/17/2014, 1:17 pm by Yeah Dog

So what is the verdict?? Are we allowed to cheese players for XP as Zee did or not? If no suspensions take place over this blatant act of XP whoring - then I say lets change from a SIM league to more of a lobby league....its just straight up BS that some guys keep on finding things to exploit in this league in the name of winning/stat padding while the majority of us do our best to play straight up ball.
    chrebet1024

Post 9/17/2014, 6:34 pm by chrebet1024

Alright so check it out.

In the MEFL...I've said it many times....we want all gameplay and other discussions to be taken place in an OPEN FORUM.

This includes somebody, or anybody pointing out anything else they see that is against the rules, or an inappropriate action.

Tony...thanks for pointing this out.  Since you've arrived you've helped us bigtime.  Having good owners on board doing the right thing only makes the league stronger.

zeemen...you're a good owner too, but be "above suspicion."  You know guys will look to call you out.  So here's the key....DON'T GIVE THEM A REASON TO CALL YOU OUT.

zeemen...I also encourage you to call out things when you see fit.  It only helps us by talking about it on the site.

Cabbage is handling the situation.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 2:32 am