Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roster limitations

Ra-fa_br
    Ra-fa_br

Roster limitations  Empty Roster limitations

Post by Ra-fa_br

Mumble jumble on groupme

Those in favor of changing current roster limitations post 1

Those in favor of keeping the same rules in place post a 2

Opinions always welcome

It's too tough for struggling teams to turn it around. The rule was to keep teams in fact. We had over 30 trades this season. IMO having a limited amount of cap penalties allowed makes more sense along with roster limitations
    Share this post on: reddit

Yeah Dog

Post 12/18/2014, 10:00 am by Yeah Dog

1 - I believe the current rule has had the opposite effect of what was intended. Current rule was to keep teams core intact - but what is happening now is majority of trades are for top tier guys because no one wants to "waste" a trade on situational type players
    bu11ze1

Post 12/18/2014, 10:34 am by bu11ze1

tony87blue

Post 12/18/2014, 11:46 am by tony87blue

numero uno just like me!!

Post 12/18/2014, 12:57 pm by Zeemen

I'll chime in since this rule change will effect fantasy as well. I really don't think it will matter bc with the rookies being so dominant in this years madden and owners drafting starters even in the 2'nd and third rounds, a team change build very quickly. Also, owners that struggle is not due to bad rosters but had to do with the play on the field. If that wasn't the case then why are some owners with stacked teams losing and teams with not so stacked rosters winning? Mostly same guys win. You will always have your upper echelon of madden players and a bunch of average ones.

Think about in years past I think in MxL when you could trade 6 players, that didn't keep the good owners down and the owners that struggle win more games. So either way I'd rather we have less trades keep default from being fantasy. Winning more ganes means putting more time in.
    tony87blue

Post 12/18/2014, 3:15 pm by tony87blue

well said z...

Post 12/18/2014, 3:21 pm by tampamountaineer

not entirely true....a good player can be limited by a poor roster.....those that are not as good stick wise should have the opportunity to make up for it in other areas such as the management of their team.....not only is this realistic, but it also keeps a wider range of players interested and involved.
    bbw6506

Post 12/18/2014, 4:15 pm by bbw6506

chrebet1024

Post 12/18/2014, 6:16 pm by chrebet1024

..what do you guys wanna change it to?  Expanding on Trade number?

I'm good either way.
    chrebet1024

Post 12/18/2014, 7:40 pm by chrebet1024

...that's a great point by YD.
    bbw6506

Post 12/18/2014, 7:48 pm by bbw6506

How about this unlimited trade but you can not trade your top 2-3 players
    Yeah Dog

Post 12/18/2014, 8:26 pm by Yeah Dog

I'm not sure what the best system would be - its never gonna be perfect....but i'm all for increasing the the number of players moved allowed and also consider the rule against trading a traded player - tweak where the traded player cannot be traded again until he finishes the season he was traded in - just a thought? As far as the number of players allowed to be moved - i'd suggest make it one number - say 6 (random number)... so he can take in or move out 6 total players - if you have stockpiled picks you could potentially move 6 players out if so choose...
    Flybad

Post 12/18/2014, 9:21 pm by Flybad

I'm good w whatever the majority wants.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 4:43 am