Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIM Discussion

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024

SIM Discussion  Empty SIM Discussion

Post by chrebet1024

OK so let's go over a popular madden scenario.....throwing to the TEs too much.

So if the offense has a tendency to throw to his TEs too much....what happens?

(Now in not talking about the online ranked guy that plays like crap and cheeses throws to the TEs....I'm talking about a guy who does mix it up but has a tendency to the TE).....as it pertains to the 2nd second guy...some guys who take SIM too far feel that a tendency like that is UNSIM.  

I say this.....

Defense....it is up to YOU to stop that tendency....u must stop that tendency and make him rethink his strategy.  Against that scenario I would walk my safeties up and dare him to beat one of my CBs over the top in one in one coverage.

Its OK for the offense to have a tendency.  That is NOT UNSIM.  If his personnel plays towards that tendency than why should that tendency exist?

In my opinion...if the offense co to use to have that dtedency all game....then it was the defenses fault that didn't change.

For every action....here is a reaction.

If the action is a tendency in which the offense leans towards the TE....then the defense MUST have a reaction to stop it.  From there STRATEGY is Bron in the game....and BC strategy is born....a Sim game happens.

If the defense does NOT stop that tendency.....then the offense will continue it BC it works!!!!!!!!!

Should the offense switch a tendency to say throwing to the WRs more if the defense didn't do its job in stopping the TE tendency? No the offense shouldn't switch.

The defense failed in creating strategy.

...and let me clarify again.....I'm not talking about the crap player who is obvious cheese....I'm talking about a Sim guy who might have a tendency in throwing to his TEs for what ever reason.

Some guys (who take the Sim con apt too far)....believe that nobody should favor any one offense dive target.  That's nuts.

They believe in arbitrarily mixing up plays formations and stats in a random way.

I believe in playing the game with real football strategy in mind.

There should ALWAYS be a strategy filled reason behind a move u make......not just randomly mixing up plays.

Your thoughts?
    Share this post on: reddit

Post 4/11/2014, 10:52 am by tampamountaineer

this is not really a sim discussion....its more of a "deal with it" edict.
    chrebet1024

Post 4/11/2014, 11:17 am by chrebet1024

....completely not true.

....and I received no word that somebody is doing the above example....so if you're eluding to somebody in this league doing that.....please do tell.  What I'm trying to have happen is guys posting about his stuff....talking about it in an open forum.

....it becomes a discussion if guys want to talk about it.

Post 4/11/2014, 11:22 am by j_bell12

I agree it can be a guessing game on D. However, I recently played a game in which the other owner ran the ball once.....once until 8 mins left in the game. 24 consecutive passing plays out of two different formations. I assumed under the nature of the league's playcalling agenda, that owner played unsim according to the rules. Next time I play that owner. He will get a dose of the same. No bitching allowed.
    chrebet1024

Post 4/11/2014, 11:32 am by chrebet1024

Hell no jbell...

What u do is post what happenned....make the league AWARE if the un-enjoyable experience you had in this game.

This way that owner is exposed....and on notice about what he's doing.

Its not bitching....its making the league a better place.

If the league isn't aware of it....then nothing can be done.

To say ur gonna do the same thing tibhim is a 5-year old reaction and will make u a worse player for doing it.

Who was it?  Explain.
    chrebet1024

Post 4/11/2014, 11:37 am by chrebet1024

....also why do you guys NOT take advantage of the video recording features that ps4 has?  We have a Facebook account in which it takes literally 1 minute to upload footage to.

It is up to everybody to make the league better.....not just one person.

How can a guy dispute video evidence?  ...and forget video evidence for a second....if this is such an issue jbell....where are the posts about these guys?  Who what when where why?

Post 4/11/2014, 12:15 pm by j_bell12

j_bell12 wrote:I agree it can be a guessing game on D. However, I recently played a game in which the other owner ran the ball once.....once until 8 mins left in the game. 24 consecutive passing plays out of two different formations. I assumed under the nature of the league's playcalling agenda, that owner played unsim according to the rules. Next time I play that owner. He will get a dose of the same. No bitching allowed.

For the sake of argument, This is posted just as a discussion topic, not singling anyone out. Just another topic that should be discussed.

Post 4/11/2014, 12:26 pm by Helldawg66

Honestly I don't get what everyone's problems when people use a tightend the way you described chrebet. Like for example, I played Bndr1nk1n the other week in reg. His offense in the passing game goes through Jimmy Graham as it should. Jimmy Graham finished that game with about 3 catches for 40 yards [off top of my head] with a few more targets that seemed consistent with a number one receiver. My Redskins defense has a tendency to be EXTREMELY hit or miss. I stopped graham by mixing in a few different nickel formations when he played 2 wr sets when it wasn't an obvious running down, or occasionally on 1st down if I guessed he would pass. In addition to having the extra corner cover his tightend I used the package to sub my #1 (Kyle Wilson) to the slot to get the Graham assignment more often than not because of his high intangible skills. It worked great.

I think a part of the problem is there are several good tightends for routerunning/release/catch in traffic, and not enough people know how to mix up the defensive schemes to counteract that.

The old fantasy Cards owner before Rx routinely cheesed with Witten running the same couple routes and no coverage was able to stop him. THAT is unsim, not throwing to the tight end like a top receiver when they are a weapon and mixing up your playcalling to get them open.

My suggestion would be if someone notices its a trend, try to guess their tendencies and figure out when to use an extra cb on the te, and try to make it matchup so either a big corner is on the tightend for height reasons, or an agile high-jumping corner if you wanna try to be ballsy and go for more picks.

Post 4/11/2014, 1:07 pm by SDchargers373

well with todays nfl offenses making use of TEs in the same way theres no basis to cal it unsim. Ive noticed a lot of discussion about TE and HB over use. when U play a defense that has great CBs u not gonna throw to ur WRs as much. more targets to TEs and HB. Now i see a lot of people calling this "unsim", but when u play a shutdown corner or a great seocandary is the bottomline is gameplans change. If my Wrs cant get open, lining up a HB at different spots in the formation can open things up and make the defense adjust. if ur TE is torching the D, ur d needs to double him or find a way to cover...thats what makes the game fun IMO. It not unrealistic at all. On a side note, 24 straight passing plays is EXTREMELY unsim IMO. i throw to my TE quite a bit..a little less this season cause i have some WRs now butif ur WRs cant get open u gotta throw to someone, and again if someone abusing it, record it.
    chrebet1024

Post 4/11/2014, 1:19 pm by chrebet1024

....agreed Helldawg....there is an difference between tedencies and cheese...that is what I'm trying to explain.  And some guys complain about tendencies....thinking the opponent should be perfect (in their mind).

Jbell....what I'm saying is this:  if we don't know who is doing the wrong things out there....then how is action or change supposed to take place?

We have an entire section on the forum dedicated to pointing out UNSIM tactics that are seen.  This needs to be public knowledge.

Talking about it is the onlybwaybit gets better.

Post 4/11/2014, 3:39 pm by tampamountaineer

"My suggestion would be if someone notices its a trend, try to guess their tendencies and figure out when to use an extra cb on the te, and try to make it matchup so either a big corner is on the tightend for height reasons, or an agile high-jumping corner if you wanna try to be ballsy and go for more picks."

no complaints when i start running dimes against 2 wr sets....
    Ra-fa_br

Post 4/11/2014, 5:12 pm by Ra-fa_br

I dont think this is where the conversation was supposed to go. I don't think Chreb wanted it to go, well if throwing to the TE isn't unsim then when I come out in dime versus base sets is how Ill run my base defense now...

I think is someone was gaining huge yards with the TE and you countered with nickel or even dime to counter his passing attack you are now playing chess and not checkers. Basically we are saying the same thing

Post 4/11/2014, 8:07 pm by SDchargers373

tampamountaineer wrote:"My suggestion would be if someone notices its a trend, try to guess their tendencies and figure out when to use an extra cb on the te, and try to make it matchup so either a big corner is on the tightend for height reasons, or an agile high-jumping corner if you wanna try to be ballsy and go for more picks."

no complaints when i start running dimes against 2 wr sets....

wellllll another solution is to not let that LB be in man coverage on the TE. Lots of ways t get him into an effective zone. u can user a saftey down . theres lots of ways to defend. I one thing I gaurantee u is even if something is working, if u make an adjustment u can bait the offense into a turnover thinking they gonna have a guy open,If someone abusing something:record it. If u gonna come out in dime against 2 wr sets theres a high probablilty u get gashed with the run btw lol.
    chrebet1024

Post 4/11/2014, 8:36 pm by chrebet1024

...yes to be clear...I'm NOT talking about the ABUSER.  The ABUSER of something should be EXPOSED.  We don't want guys ABUSING any one thing.  That's not what I'm eluding to.

...what I'm eluding to is tendencies....and sometimes guys call tendencies UNSIM, when it's not.  

I want guys to FIND A WAY to overcome things....I want guys to stop getting frustrated with over thinking about what OTHER guys are doing wrong...and INSTEAD start thinking about what you can do RIGHT, and BEAT HIS ASS DOWN strategy-wise.

Sometimes guys take themselves OUT OF THE GAME completely with frustration.  They caught up in thinking somebody is doing something wrong....when they're really not.  Or even if they are...focus on playing your game, and then AFTERWARDS expose them.

Post 4/11/2014, 9:51 pm by Zeemen

Good post and Chrebet I couldn't agree more with yr opening write up. So many factors are involved. Year one my wr lead my team in receptions so year two he gets doubled and watched more which is what should happen so then others get more catches. Now if my TE starts getting a lot if catches the D will be on him now I'm back to the wr.

All I know is everything can be stopped in this game. Like when the pats played the Saints this year , TE Graham had 0 catches. Why? Bc the pats said we are taking him away beat us with someone else. I do the sane thing sometimes I try to take one guy out with my defensive scheme and it varries every game. I see nothing wrong with TE's getting a lot of catches. In the nfl it's a TE league now.

Now yes the offense should use lots if plays and spread it around but some of us take the "Who ever is open" approach. You want to take my TE out then I have no prob hitting my wr 12 times. I mean really? I'd hope we don't cop out and get frustrated with offenses in this league as everything can be stopped or slowed down.
    chrebet1024

Post 4/12/2014, 12:13 pm by chrebet1024

...good point...everything CAN be stopped.

Think about what offense is in any sport

It is TAKING what the defense GIVES you
    chrebet1024

Post 4/12/2014, 12:15 pm by chrebet1024

..don't think about ARBITRARILY mixing up plays

think about what WILL WORK against that specific defense.

Yes are you going to still mix up plays? OF COURSE, as that only helps you.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 9:43 am