Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slider Discussion

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024

Slider Discussion  Empty Slider Discussion

Post by chrebet1024

...we will use this thread to discuss sliders during season 1...as they will be a work in progress all season, setting us up for the remaining seasons.
    Share this post on: reddit

tony87blue

Post 8/21/2014, 3:21 pm by tony87blue

assuming you're going to try default at the beginning, correct?
    chrebet1024

Post 8/21/2014, 3:23 pm by chrebet1024

We're all gonna play the shit out of the game on Tuesday and see.
    tony87blue

Post 8/21/2014, 3:25 pm by tony87blue

k. just making sure you're not trying to use m25 sliders
    bu11ze1

Post 8/21/2014, 3:37 pm by bu11ze1

sliders are the debul
    tony87blue

Post 8/21/2014, 3:44 pm by tony87blue

i agree!
    chrebet1024

Post 8/21/2014, 4:16 pm by chrebet1024

Noooooo..they are freaking fantastic!

But no..it all dependa on the game.  Cmon now I ain't no rookie!

Some versions are similar where the baseline sliders can start in the same area....some game are completely different.  We shall see.

Post 8/21/2014, 5:11 pm by ClaxTKE

I liked all the sliders last year except interceptions. I understand the wanting to keep INT numbers low.... but the amount of dropped interceptions on catches my brother could make killed the realism for me. Also, we've gotta punish those who make poor decisions, force them to learn and adapt, not baby our sliders for them.
    chrebet1024

Post 8/21/2014, 7:03 pm by chrebet1024

...part of that was just due to the game as well.

The all madden slider is 25...we had INTs at 20.  Many Sim leagues and Sim slider sets had it lower than that...as INTs and fumbles called for that in m25.  Just like the game called for running to be tuned down as much as possible 

There were still a TON of INTs.  We gotta balance stats AND gameplay...and not only look at game play.

The lack of 'incomplete or innacuate pass animations" made for the "clear dropped INT" thing happen way more frequently.  Hopefully this QB innacuary thing is true.

We will not play in a league where guys are growing 50 INTs.  Yes, guys need to learn to be more selective...bit there's a balance there between gameplay and results (stats) that has to be met.

Post 8/22/2014, 6:33 pm by Pkmn93

I do think db catching should be low, there are some bullshit plays AI makes on Madden that only the elite should make in the NFL. But I agree with Clax, we shouldn't baby the sliders. We are all adults who can learn from mistakes. If QB accuracy matters as much as they say this year, we probably shouldn't be changing these up but if in game some rookie throws a 55 yard bomb right into the hand of the receiver then, it should be reviewed. But we shall see.
    Ra-fa_br

Post 8/23/2014, 7:30 am by Ra-fa_br

Personally I felt the int sliders were on point last madden
    tony87blue

Post 8/23/2014, 11:41 am by tony87blue

Mefl last season:

15 qb's threw 20+ ints
    43 ints by the worst qb in league

NFL last season:
    5 qb's threw 20+ ints
    27 ints by worst qb

I wouldnt say the slider is on point

Post 8/23/2014, 5:12 pm by ClaxTKE

I don't care the numbers tbh. When it comes to picks why does it matter?

I prefer more gameplay. Not dropping plays you deserve to take advantage of.

Maybe it's a matter of opinion.

But I prefer gameplay to be more realistic than to have a few less picks.
    tony87blue

Post 8/23/2014, 9:23 pm by tony87blue

I agree...however just saying that even with slider modification the league as a whole still has more ints than normal.
    chrebet1024

Post 8/23/2014, 10:35 pm by chrebet1024

...."Balance" is the key word.

There is no way you can go 100% on either side.  Gameplay is more important no doubt, but the outcome of stats also factors in.  It tells us how the game is playing as well.
    chrebet1024

Post 8/23/2014, 10:36 pm by chrebet1024

...did you see those stats?

And guys are complaining about NOT ENOUGH INT's?  Gotta realize that just because those animations ruled the game...does not mean we should have more INT's.
    chrebet1024

Post 8/23/2014, 10:42 pm by chrebet1024

tony87blue wrote:Mefl last season:

15 qb's threw 20+ ints
    43 ints by the worst qb in league

NFL last season:
    5 qb's threw 20+ ints
    27 ints by worst qb

I wouldnt say the slider is on point

...btw Tony...just because those INT's are the way they were, doesn't mean the Sliders were not "on point."

There is balance there between gameplay and numbers.  Guys are complaining left and right about dropped INT's yet the numbers are still high.  So what makes it on point?  Raising the slider to have those guys not complain and increase the INT's?  Or lowering it to make the number better and creating more complaints about drops?

MXL had guys throw over 50+ INT's in M25...multiple guys in multiple seasons.

Aside from the INT's (which I think was just a game problem along with the overpowering running)....the gameplay was very good.
    chrebet1024

Post 8/23/2014, 11:29 pm by chrebet1024

...odds are we'll be starting with default sliders.  If something is blatantly obvious...for example if we KNOW QB accuracy needs to be tuned down (like usual), then we will do it.  

Hopefully tho...the new "QB Innaccuracy" talk come true.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 10:48 pm