Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplay Talk, You wanna be good at Madden?

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024

Gameplay Talk, You wanna be good at Madden? Empty Gameplay Talk, You wanna be good at Madden?

Post by chrebet1024

Ok, so every year the same guys are good.  What's the reason?  Well they're smart...they out think you...and they know things others don't because they put in the time and effort.

The reason I took penalty sliders away is this:  the OLINE is once again very EASY to manipulate like in M13.  M25 got a little better with OLine manipulation.  It could be done, but was far easier to do in M13.

Now, with the addition of the "Universal QB Contain" (which today was the first time I even realized was there...YES I'm a little late to the Madden party this year)....."SIM Play Blitzes" are BACK WITH A VENGEANCE....and NOT even with the help of QB Contain all the time.

Check out a couple of these setups that Bull had against me today where they resulted in "Free Runners" at the QB each time with ONLY 5 RUSHERS.  Free Runners on 4 or 5 man rushes....even on occasions where I left the RB in to block.  There is NOTHING ILLEGAL about these at all.  I repeat, there is NOTHING ILLEGAL about these.  But take these in, and realize that you can set certain things up in order to compete with other guys.  The universal QB contain button will make things a little hairy as we move along, but there's very little we can do about it.

So realize this.....Make sure you have a hot read on passing downs.  A RB or TE to dump off to when you see a nice blitz dialed up, OR even MAX PROTECT with the TE as well like we see IRL all the time.  If you're hitting the RB for 10 catches and these types of blitzes or setups are being called against you all game...then there's NOTHING wrong with that.  These blitzes CAN BE BEAT if you recognize them.  But those guys who are geniuses at setting them up know what they're doing.  I, myself, need to get on the wagon with this and work on some defense.

You honestly CANNOT compete with the top guys if you don't have some solid strategy behind your blitzes.

I wish we could make it purely a numbers game or a ratings game when it comes to rushing the passer...but it looks like this game will not allow it to happen.

This post is the warning post that "Oline manipulation" is back in a BIG WAY.....Offenses BE AWARE.  I'm giving you guys the warning....the work needs to be done by you.

I could NOT believe this first one: (46 Cover 3 manually sending 1 more for a 5 man rush)

Gameplay Talk, You wanna be good at Madden? Bull410

Gameplay Talk, You wanna be good at Madden? Bull110

Gameplay Talk, You wanna be good at Madden? Bull310

Gameplay Talk, You wanna be good at Madden? Bull210
    Share this post on: reddit

bu11ze1

Post 9/18/2014, 1:39 am by bu11ze1

Thanks (I think) but you didn't block a back in any of those examples and contain doesn't get used Smile
    tony87blue

Post 9/18/2014, 9:17 am by tony87blue

and bu11's blitzes suck ass, always have and always will Wink
    chrebet1024

Post 9/18/2014, 10:10 am by chrebet1024

I know contain didn't get used.  All were well designed, effective blitzes....but I did bring up contain BC it does make things interesting in this version.

Trying to show the way for others.....have well designed blitzes in your pocket everybody!   Its what the good owners do, and you MUST do the same.

Bull sorry to use your schemes...I'm confident you'll be OK.  It was fresh in my mind off that beat down last night.
    chrebet1024

Post 9/18/2014, 11:27 am by chrebet1024

..ams guys don't get me wrong...there are MANY things the offense can do to counter these blitzes....you can run it at them, hit a TE or HB in the flat, go double slant, screens, online adjustments, max protect....many things to keep the defense on their toes.

This post is only meant tinserve the purpose of advancing "strategy" in his league further.  Recognizing that well designed blitzes are to be expected and being ready for it.
    bu11ze1

Post 9/18/2014, 12:16 pm by bu11ze1

Oh I didn't take it as a slam or anything, just saying in those vids u didn't have extra blockers.  The 4 man where the ol looked lost was kind of a fluke, never seen that happen like that.

Blitzing is pretty easy this year, that third and fourth pic has no setup, stock plays.
    chrebet1024

Post 9/18/2014, 4:18 pm by chrebet1024

Oh I know....and yeah I did a piss poor job with Oline adjustments on RB staying home in this game.  The RB is so bad picking up blitzes this year that I abandon it.
    chrebet1024

Post 9/18/2014, 4:19 pm by chrebet1024

also everybody...consider this...my LG is terrible.  RG and RT are average.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 8:49 am