Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Depth Chart integratiy review please

deathbyeagle
    deathbyeagle

Depth Chart integratiy review please Empty Depth Chart integratiy review please

Post by deathbyeagle

Please review this player. my understanding is a 3-4 OLB can be put in 4-3 DE position in depth chart, does this player qualify?

Hes a OLB 6'0 236 pounds to me im old school, thats a 4-3 OLB, Dont know of any full time OLB that size in the NFL, maybe a situation once in a blue moon. Even the small height DEs are usually 250+ pounds.

what does everyone else feel about a player with that size being lined up at DE all game? Just wondering what others think as well.
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post 2/9/2015, 12:03 am by chrebet1024

Which player is it?

My team has two 3-4 pass rushing OLB's that are pretty small, around the same size I think. Paul Hazel and Trevardo Williams.
    Ra-fa_br

Post 2/9/2015, 6:32 am by Ra-fa_br

That's too small
    chrebet1024

Post 2/9/2015, 8:29 am by chrebet1024

There is a growing trend in the league that see coaches using small DE's in 4-3 schemes....especially in Sub packages on passing downs.

All game? No. That's pretty small.

Here's a list of the Top 30 DE prospects for 2015: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/DE
    There's a few guys on the list that are under 250, even under 240.

Here's the thing. With everybody's free flowing ability to go back and forth from 4-3 and 3-4 all game, and and quickly do a sub package by putting OLB's at DE...how are we supposed to guard against that?

Run it right at him and make him pay for using a smallish Edge Guy.

There's a reason the NFL labels defensive players the way they do now:
    -Interior Lineman
    -Edge Player
    -Inside Linebacker / 4-3 Outside LB

....because of teams running hybrid fronts and all of the numerous Nickel and Sub fronts.

Once we start getting into height, weight and size...we start entering a dangerous game.

What do you guys propose?
    chrebet1024

Post 2/9/2015, 8:34 am by chrebet1024

We cannot take AWAY the ability for 3-4 OLBs to play 4-3 DE's and 4-3 DE's to play 3-4 OLB's.

Can't do it with passing packages and the way teams IN REAL LIFE run hybrid defenses now.

Example: 
    Say you take over the Broncos during Week 4 and Von Miller is an OLB. Because you like the 4-3 he needs to be a DE. How ridiculous would that be if he wasn't allowed to be placed in a DE position when THAT's exactly what he is:  An Edge Pass Rusher.

DBE, who in the league is using a 235 DE?
    tony87blue

Post 2/9/2015, 9:23 am by tony87blue

i say it should depend on the attributes.....if this LB does NOT have pass rush attributes then he shouldnt be playing DE. just like you dont take a 34 OLB to MLB (in most cases), you dont take a 43 OLB to a pass rush DE role! forget about the height/weight (tho it does matter), but it's more about whether the player has the attributes to do what is being assigned of him
    deathbyeagle

Post 2/9/2015, 3:02 pm by deathbyeagle

ok just wondering. Its not a sub package, hes in depth chart as a DE. He kinda has the atts for sure to play the position, has block shed but no power or finesse moves. He is listed as a prototype OLB base 4-3 scheme. im just old school and saw the size and never seen a 6'0 236 player in the NFL every snap. Hell i havent seen almost any 6'0 236 pound 3-4 LBs ever so wanted to get other peoples view on it.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/9/2015, 4:48 pm by chrebet1024

tony87blue wrote:i say it should depend on the attributes.....if this LB does NOT have pass rush attributes then he shouldnt be playing DE. just like you dont take a 34 OLB to MLB (in most cases), you dont take a 43 OLB to a pass rush DE role! forget about the height/weight (tho it does matter), but it's more about whether the player has the attributes to do what is being assigned of him

I agree with that. But the end result comes down to what we can control or not in-game.

It's just so difficult to PREVENT people from making that change in-game with our ability to use BOTH 3-4 and 4-3.  And also use say 4-2-5 (4-3 Nickel) or 2-4-5 (Nickel).

At the same time though, there are some 4-3 DE's that aren't great pass rushers, and have reputations as great run defenders.

Hey, talk to the commishes (Slick and Rafa). My take is you can only put in a rule that that is controllable.

Do we prevent guys from putting POWER BACKS in the 3rd Down back role? No, we don't, even though that's unrealistic. Don't take it to a crazy level or it opens up a world of crap.
    deathbyeagle

Post 2/9/2015, 6:21 pm by deathbyeagle

I would but slick is the one using a 6'0 236 pound 4-3 olb at de full time in depth chart lol

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 3:51 pm