Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colts running up the score...

Fireice56

Colts running up the score... Empty Colts running up the score...

Post by Fireice56

So the colts are up 24-0 at halftime and I realize I'm done with this game. I've had back to back fumbles 2 plays in a row. Madden just wants me to lose. So after second half I pretty much ran the ball the whole time. Colts decides it's ok to score with 2 min left on a run play. Maybe he couldn't go down, idk. The next drive with 202 left in the game once again I run and muccluster fumbles for a third time, this dude runs back the fumble to score and go up 41-0.... Like are you kidding me, this is ridiculous...I stream and archive so the proof is in my channel. Oh and can some check around the 2 min mark in the second quarter, he ran a 3 man play and sacked me almost instantly. Thanks.
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post 12/14/2014, 6:29 pm by chrebet1024

You got it...I'll watch it tonight.
    Flybad

Post 12/14/2014, 6:39 pm by Flybad

Yes please watch. Every point I scored were over 2 min left in the game. i played 1 of the most complete games of my life. I am positive that I did nothing wrong.

Post 12/14/2014, 9:12 pm by titanbrian

Seems like a situation that looks bad the way you say it. Honestly I'm taking a dive 95% of the time, but if a big guy or any defensive player gets a fumble recovery with a wide open run to the end zone, I'm taking that. Sorry, I'd expect you to call me out, but I still couldn't resist
    chrebet1024

Post 12/16/2014, 8:04 pm by chrebet1024

http://www.twitch.tv/flybad/b/599332871

Alright, so this is a tough one.

First off, up until the last 2 TD's, both you guys were doing the right thing.  Both teams were trying to get the game over with.

Flybad scoring the running TD on 3rd and 7 with the short field with just over 2 mins left wasn't necessary, as he could've run an ISO or a dive with a backup RB or FB....but hey, the no fair catch fumble set it up.  It's boderline.

BUT, the defensive fumble recovery TD was completely unnecessary.  At this point in the game, the Titans are RUNNING THE BALL to get the game over with.  As an opponent, in that case, we should just tap the Square button and have our defender fall to the ground....GAME OVER after that happens.

There has to be a suspension here for that last TD.  There was 2 minutes left in a 34-0 game.

Credit to FireIce for STILL running the ball after that incident and not losing his mind and doing anything like bombing balls deep.
    Flybad

Post 12/16/2014, 9:49 pm by Flybad

This is a SIM league. If I'm not mistaken that translates into trying to replicate what happens on Sunday. Show me where a defender recovers a fumble and dives or runs out of bounds outside the 2 minute warning with a wide open lane to the end zone. If I dive or run out of bounds I'm not playing SIM because that doesn't happen on Sunday. I had 5-7 more runs than the Titans with a worse efficiently. I was the one trying to end the game. The play the fumble occurred on was an outside run w McCluster, who had already fumbled 2-3 times earlier=asking for trouble. If the Titans run the ball up the gut (like Chrbet sugjests that I do to avoid a TD, which I did) and put in a player that can Carrie the ball then we are not talking about this.

The simple fact remains...I haven't broken any rules. This is all about an owner that went into a "game of the week" with the #1 rated offense, against a division rival and got absolutely embarrassed. Plain and simple. Lets face it, being on the wrong end of 41-0 is as humiliating as it gets for anyone. Unfortunately for the Titans the humiliation doesn't end there. complaing about an owner running up the score, when its your responsibility to stop them is a JR. high move and in my opinion more embarrassing than the loss. If you really want to save face, you would come on here and admit your emotions got the best of you and that just because a player dominates another player (breaking no rules) a suspension is not necessary because an owner got his feelings hurt.

What you are suggesting I do after recovering the fumble is un SIM Chrbet...it does not happen on Sunday. There are no rule violations here. Your decisions need to stay focused on upholding the rules, not making embarassed owners feel justification for emotionally fueled outbursts.
    chrebet1024

Post 12/16/2014, 10:26 pm by chrebet1024

This comes down to one simple thing in my mind.....the Titans were running the ball on every play, trying to get the game over with.  If he was passing and trying to make an unrealistic comeback, then no suspension would happen here.

OK...so then I suspend you for lining up your players in a "Base Align" when the offense is in a compressed formation.

Madden will NEVER be realistic to real life.  Of course the above statement is ridiculous...but the point is, the "play like u see on Sunday" is such a bullshit statement in this regard.  It's a GUIDELINE.

If we go by your standards...then we should have NO rules regarding sportsmanship, and provide an "anything goes" policy...because at ONE time or another, coaches/teams have run the score up fully on purpose.  Belichick comes to mind.

....would you rather have that?

How would you define middle ground aside from somebody making a judgement call on a case by case basis?

34 freaking 0 with 2 minutes remaining.....there is no reason to score a TD in that situation from 40 yards out.

As owners in a league, why can't we show better sportsmanship than that?

It is impossible to implement EXACT RULES regarding running up the score.  There will always be cases that don't fall within rules...and quite frankly, I don't think guys need rules.  You know what's right and what's wrong.

Here is our guideline as far as Sportsmanship is concerned:
    Sportsmanship
    --Everybody knows what should occur in the case of a blowout.  Some of the harshest penalties handed out will be due to running up the score.  

***Kneel the ball when it ends the game and defense is waiving the white flag
    ***Don't get involved in a "turnover fest" at the end of the game in a blowout
    ***If you are down a ridiculous amount of points, do not continuously blitz, stack the box, run commit, bomb it deep if a comeback in unrealistic.

--We will NOT have specific rules in this category because every case is different on a game by game basis.
    chrebet1024

Post 12/16/2014, 11:10 pm by chrebet1024

....there's no doubt though...it's a fair point to note that the opponent should also realize this stuff happens in real life.

I mean let's discuss this.  Would you guys rather have a sportsmanship policy that leans towards more "anything goes?"  ...and only the worst of the worst get suspended, which will be tough to do if we relax it to that level.

XP is the major concern there.  But hey, at the same time, you're playing the game, and in the NFL (Paid professionals), a lot of guys say there's no such thing as running up the score.

What's everybody think?

Post 12/17/2014, 1:08 am by Fireice56

Considering I texted him Gg at halftime and ran the ball the whole second half he knew the game was over.

Post 12/17/2014, 1:11 am by Fireice56

I hope you understand flybad as much as you were up at halftime 24/0, if this was the NFL I woulda passed every down and the game woulda lasted hours. Be lucky I was being a good sport even after madden fucked me over.
    Flybad

Post 12/17/2014, 5:48 am by Flybad

So u quite at halftime? In my opinion this is a suspendable admition. 24-0 is not to much to overcome. I was up 21-0 Against Hellrazor (Bills) last season and he came back to beat me. So if what you yourself are admitting here on this thread is true, that you "quite at halftime" because you were upset. Then in my oppinion that warrents it's own suspension. I play online franchises for the competition, not to play guys that quite halfway through the game because things aren't going their way. You admitted to wasting a half hour of my time. Quitting at halftime does not happen on Sunday. It's absolutly ludacris to me that someone can quite at halftime, and then come on here complaining about the other team running up the score and get away with it.

Last time we played you kicked my ass 30 something to 3. I never gave up and I never cried to anyone about the loss. It's a video game. I looked to myself and decided it was on me to score, it was on me to stop my opponent and it was on me to get better. Now, I should B celebrating a complete domination of my opponent. Instead because my opponents feelings were hurt and I embarassed him a player of mine may B suspended.

Maybe you should move to another division. I don't want to play with an admitted quiter.

Post 12/17/2014, 6:35 am by Fireice56

No I didn't give up. And I didn't quit. Stop trying to justify your running up the score. Take your suspension and move on.

Post 12/17/2014, 6:40 am by Fireice56

Proof is on video. Stop saying things about real football. We clearly can't do everything we see on Sunday's. If you want that then you'd have people running no huddle all game, going for random 4th downs ect. If you want that go to another league. Don't worry I'll still win the division. It was one game. Be proud of yourself and take your suspension. End of discussion.
    Yeah Dog

Post 12/17/2014, 8:01 am by Yeah Dog

in my opinion I hate this suspension.... so what he scores a defensive TD in trash time - I will every time I have the opportunity... I get beat by more points on average than anyone in this league and I will NEVER bitch or complain about another guy scoring a defensive TD - we are all grown men and should be able to take an ass whipping every once in awhile...i mean does 34-0 feel that much better to lose to than 41-0??? looks like if i ever have the opportunity to score a defensive touchdown while up late in the game (probably won't happen) - i'm getting suspended also. What a Face What a Face What a Face
    Yeah Dog

Post 12/17/2014, 8:05 am by Yeah Dog

i'd be more for an "anything goes" from a running it up standpoint - and i'm the one more than likely to feel the negative affects of this more so than others. Its totally one thing to cheese a play or a player and "run up" the score - but a TD scored off a turnover should not be considered running it up - if people are so scared to have a defensive TD scored on them late in a game then kneel and fair catch - either way crying about getting beat 41-0 is being a puss puss... if it was 34-10 when this happened is the suspension still taking place? how about 34-7 or 34-14?? when is it okay then?

Post 12/17/2014, 8:24 am by Fireice56

If it's ok to do what he did then that's fine. move on.
    BurntCabbage

Post 12/17/2014, 5:33 pm by BurntCabbage

If someone text me GG at halftime that would piss me off personally. It's confusing cause you don't know to still play hard or not. Avoid doing this till the end of the game......with that being said......

Flybad I got two words for you.....Janoris Jenkins.
    The fumble recovery TD reminded me of a certain CB from my past.
    chrebet1024

Post 12/17/2014, 5:46 pm by chrebet1024

Yeah Dog wrote:i'd be more for an "anything goes" from a running it up standpoint - and i'm the one more than likely to feel the negative affects of this more so than others.  Its totally one thing to cheese a play or a player and "run up" the score - but a TD scored off a turnover should not be considered running it up - if people are so scared to have a defensive TD scored on them late in a game then kneel and fair catch - either way crying about getting beat 41-0 is being a puss puss... if it was 34-10 when this happened is the suspension still taking place?  how about 34-7 or 34-14?? when is it okay then?  

It's definitely a tough topic in madden.

That's why it's so tough....bc there are so many variables.  If it was 2 or 3 possessions and the other team was STILL TRYING TO WIN, then no suspension would come...I'll tell you that right now. 

The key here in my eyes is the game was clearly over and the Titans were waiving the white flag.  Have the Titans done what Flybad did to other teams in the past?  Perhaps.  But I didn't see a post on the forum "filing a complaint." ...which is another key here.

...and here's the thing about trying to create hard rules for different score situations......every case is completely different...and there are too many variables to have hard "sportsmanship" rules.

If you guys look at the suspension history for sportsmanship...you'll see there hasn't been many.  And in those cases there was, a team posted on the forum (like our policy asks them to do), and something only comes down when it is "obvious" that the score wasn't necessary.

But....when talking about variables....sometimes if the other team is being a jackass, and still trying to "unrealistically" make a comeback, a suspension won't be handed down if the team scores unnecessary points.

The bottom line is this...don't be afraid to lift your foot off the pedal, BUT you know when a game is clearly over and when it's not.

Post 12/17/2014, 6:14 pm by Fireice56

If you don't know the game is over when he scored the two td and I had 0 points, you're an idiot.
    Flybad

Post 12/18/2014, 8:15 am by Flybad

BurntCabbage wrote:If someone text me GG at halftime that would piss me off personally.  It's confusing cause you don't know to still play hard or not.  Avoid doing this till the end of the game......with that being said......

Flybad I got two words for you.....Janoris Jenkins.
    The fumble recovery TD reminded me of a certain CB from my past.

Absolutly. My opponent quiting at halftime created this situation. If he played the 2nd half he would not have created such a lopsided score. This isn't about my decision to return a fumble for a TD. It's about my opponent being a poor sport, creating a mismatched score, then crying about it like a little child that just had his toy taken. He deserves to take some responsibility in this citation. I believe his best CB should B suspended as wel for 2 weeksl. No he didn't pull the plug...but his actions had a direct effect on the outcome of this game. Unlike my cituation, I haven't broken any rules. Fireice on the other hand has! It's against the rules to QUITE in this league. We have his admition. He deserves the suspension more than I do, he actually broke a rule.

The Janoris Jenkins TD was a result of some smack talk that you had posted. I know it was all in fun and I love it, but in that cituation I felt like a caged bear being poked 1 to many times. For what it's worth I would expect U or anyone else to return the TO for a TD if u can. I would have more respect for an opponent that did that over taking a flop just to avoid hurting someones feelings.

I vote, in a TO cituation (INT or Fumble)...and it's not within the 2 min warning...play the game by any means necessary.
    chrebet1024

Post 12/18/2014, 8:32 am by chrebet1024

My god guys...is this really the way we want to carry ourselves?

I really don't think anybody should be saying GG at halftime...but hey, if he's quitting on the game and playing it out (waiving the white flag), freaking take the win.  What's better than beating him?

I'm pretty sure everybody in this league has given up on a game at one point or another once they knew the result was not in question anymore.

Don't text the other owner GG that early though.  I don't know why that would make anybody mad...but we shouldn't be doing it.

Post 12/18/2014, 8:46 am by Fireice56

Are you stupid flybad? You deflecting the fact that you ran up the score by randomly spouting some bullshit isn't helping your cause. However, next time If the situation occurs I'll make sure to throw 100 times and prolong the game hours. However then you'll prolly bitch that I prolong the game when it was over.

Post 12/18/2014, 1:08 pm by Zeemen

Fly asked to to watch this game by the way after it was done I guess lots of drama to this. I don't think anyone should give up in a game that's poor sportsmanship. I also didn't see fire give up or he wouldn't be passing still. Having a #1 offense not throw for 100 yards is also not due to madden having it out for you. The game I saw was Titans geting dominated in everyway. I'd also have a problem with fly scoring that TD which was over 2 mins if I have seen an NFL player do it on Sunday. Which you don't they take it too the house 100% of time. I get the suspension though as do to the score and protecting feelings around here fly Prob should have but I don't see the need for any of this really. If it was 41-17 this is a non issue but I guess so called good players are not allowed to lose 41-0. Fly I put this mess on you next time allow the opponent to score.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:24 am