Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running Back Receptions

Qn0sis

Running Back Receptions Empty Running Back Receptions

Post by Qn0sis

So, last season there was alot said about running backs and Tight ends leading teams in receptions. I believe str8 made an entire post and called out some people including myself for such things.

Now this season there are running backs with 30 catches through 6 games. With the top WR at something near 10 receptions. That is not spreading the ball around guys. Spreading the ball around is having 5 or 6 guys with 10 catches each or something to that effect.

Share this post on: reddit

deathbyeagle

Post 2/7/2014, 1:05 pm by deathbyeagle

Im not sure what my rec stats even are, if anything mine should be more TEs since I have both vernon davis and jared cook plus others like keller with a few others that are nice.

However if you look at the defense alot of people are playing now the backs and TEs are the ones open the most. Seams in my games I see one of two things, underman or a cover 3 buzz. On top of that its usually out of all stacked sets(46, 46 under, 4-4, 5-2), or they use teh show blitz option. That could be one reason ur seeing HBs and TEs getting the ball more. People talk about mixing up on offense, same kinda goes with defense. If someone is going to sit in the exact same defense all game, im going to throw and run the same stuff all game. Kinda works both ways from the way I see it. But to each his own, just my view since u brought up the topic.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/7/2014, 1:23 pm by chrebet1024

Yeah..both of you have great points.

I would say Doug martin on pace for 80 receptions is a ton. Too much. And I agree it all depends on the defense thats being played. Guys can also tho hit underneath or flat routs with WRs and TEs more rather than going to the RB.

It also depends on who he player is USERING on defense. Lot of guys like tonuser the LB...and sometimes they'll disregard the in an responsibility (which is the rb sometimes).

Thanks Q...I'm gonna check it out later tonight.
    chrebet1024

Post 2/7/2014, 1:25 pm by chrebet1024

...and I'll alsonday this. I believe most of the time the guys that have RBs leading in receptions are usually poor teams. They're only hurting themselves by not spreading it around more. Love to play those guys as they're predictable.

Post 2/7/2014, 1:55 pm by Qn0sis

Since it was brought up...I play 3-4 and never call that same coverage two plays in a row... i also mix coverages and try to match sets
    Ra-fa_br

Post 2/7/2014, 6:20 pm by Ra-fa_br

Drew Brees irl is a dump off machine, so was a guy named Joe Montana. Like Death said sometimes you take what they give you
    BurntCabbage

Post 2/8/2014, 10:45 am by BurntCabbage

Ra-fa_br wrote:Drew Brees irl is a dump off machine, so was a guy named Joe Montana. Like Death said sometimes you take what they give you

Agreed the defense will sometime dictate how an offense operates.

However....we play 16 games a season. The defense will not dictate a whole seasons worth of unbalanced stats. If a HB is leading in receptions by a long shot at the end of the season, then that owner is not mixing it up and is abusing certain plays (screens, etc).

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 4:09 pm