Madden Elite Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIM play question

Poll

Trailing by 14, 4th down & 20, own 49, clock running out in first half. What do you do?

[ 0 ]
    SIM play question Bar_left0%SIM play question Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    SIM play question Bar_left83%SIM play question Bar_right [83%] 
    [ 1 ]
    SIM play question Bar_left17%SIM play question Bar_right [17%] 

Total Votes: 6
    GreenLegend37

SIM play question Empty SIM play question

Post by GreenLegend37

Hey all,

During a game against Helldawg66 last night, I was trailing 24-10 with 20 seconds left in the half and the clock running. He had all three of his timeouts and I had one. I had the ball on my own 49 yard line with a 4th & 20 play coming up.

I saw he was running the clock out to let us go to halftime, but as a snap decision, I decide to call timeout with three seconds left and go for the Hail Mary. I completed the pass but was tackled at his 5-yard line.

It got me thinking...was that a non-SIM play? I know he did because he texted me saying I shouldn't do that. While I do see his point of view, I was trailing by two touchdowns, his offense was virtually unstoppable in the first half and I needed some kind of momentum. I didn't want to waste a play with a punt or just let the clock run out without giving it one last try because he received the ball to begin the second half.

I still stand by my decision to call a timeout and attempt a Hail Mary on 4th and 20 with three seconds left. What do you all think?
    Share this post on: reddit

Post 4/18/2014, 2:29 pm by Lord_Deniki

3 seconds...yeah i prolly would have tossed up a hail mary, especially with him receiving the 2nd half kickoff. Why wouldn't you try??!
    chrebet1024

Post 4/18/2014, 2:36 pm by chrebet1024

....for sure you can go for it.

Now this is one of those area's in Madden that it's very tough to put in the rules...and one of those gray areas...but it's a completely realistic play.

A GREAT example of how some SIM LEAGUE RULES actually make the game UNREALISTIC.
    chrebet1024

Post 4/18/2014, 2:37 pm by chrebet1024

....great post....a great example of discussing gameplay for the betterment of the league.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 1:46 am